Nail In Front Tire!

Where is the run-flat technology here? With today's material science, it should be a no-brainer. A back tire just cost me $512.16 and the install will be another $100. If the GT eats tires like my souped-up R3T did, I expect I will need a new tire every season. As I do not know how easy it will be to get replacements, I bought one now against any shortages or shipping delays that some other parts seems to have had. From what I understand, my dealer will not install a tire that you did not buy from them, even if it is new. Is this common?
The price seems high. I thought that I was the customer who payed too much. I think maybe your dealer is not the place to buy tires. I checked around where I live and did some price checking. I found the location that was the most reasonable, also did the most volume. $615 for a tire replacement is way more than normal.

The price seems high. I thought that I was the customer who payed too much. I think maybe your dealer is not the place to buy tires. I checked around where I live and did some price checking. I found the location that was the most reasonable, also did the most volume. $615 for a tire replacement is way more than normal.
First service was well over $400 as well........For the next tire, I think I'll shop around, thanks for the motivation:)

Where is the run-flat technology here? With today's material science, it should be a no-brainer. A back tire just cost me $512.16 and the install will be another $100. If the GT eats tires like my souped-up R3T did, I expect I will need a new tire every season. As I do not know how easy it will be to get replacements, I bought one now against any shortages or shipping delays that some other parts seems to have had. From what I understand, my dealer will not install a tire that you did not buy from them, even if it is new. Is this common?
I ran into that on my Wife's HD... the dealer said brakes and tires had to be purchased there to be put on. Unfortunately they didn't carry Cobra Chromes. I suspect a few lawyers made bank before that rule (which I had not heard of until last year) was instituted...
-MIG

Back