My Rocket saved my marriage!

redheadlover

“Be excellent to one-another!”
Ride
2013 R3T
My lovely wife of nearly 20 years had not ridden with me for quite a while. Back in March of this year out of the blue she asked for a ride on my bike I had at the time, Avery fun and respectable C50 Boulevard. After a few days of riding, she suggested that if she was going to continue riding, we should probably look at getting a bigger cycle. As much as it pained me to do so, I had to agree with her crazy thought.

We test rode several new an used models of nearly every make. When we went to the Triumph dealer to test out a T-bird, I was disappointed to find out that the new model on the showroom floor that I was quite enamored with had just been sold. My lovely bride suggested I test ride the black cycle siting next to it, she thought it was pretty. Understanding that she did not recognize what the beast was all about, I explained the reality and sheer power contained in the Black 2013 R3T with 41 miles sitting before us. Seeming quite un phased she just said, "Well since we are here, why don't you give it a try just for fun?"

I must say I was shocked at how well the bike handled on that first spin, not to mention in awe at the sheer power underneath me. When I returned it the dealer to pick her up and take her for a spin, the first words from her beautiful lips were, "Well honey, I think we just found the bike we are going to buy, because I don't think I have ever seen a bigger smile on your face!" The short trip we took after that sealed the deal and we proudly rode home that evening on our new baby.

Since then we have ridden together at least 3-4 times a week, and I don't think we have ever been closer, or more in love. (The wife and I that is! Not the rocket!). We recently re-tuned using Wayne Tripp's tune for the R3T and all I can say is "Holy crap on on a cracker!" It just keeps getting better!

So I guess the beast did not save our marriage, I don't really think it was ever in jeopardy. However, I cannot think of many moments I have treasured more than those with this lovely creature snuggled up close behind me and holding on tight the past few months!

Nearly brought a tear to my eye .. but I'm a rough and tough Australian bikie and we just don't cry :ninja: Great story though , Welcome aboard to you and your good wife.

Redheadlover, we have something in common, we both love Rockets, and Red heads! My wife also enjoys riding on the back of my rocket (And on it!) and it's definitely one of our special times together. We absolutely love being able to ride in a beautiful part of the country, using our Sena headsets to talk and its one of the things in our relationship that makes us just so happy together

Enjoy the new ride!!

G'day and welcome. I'm glad that you noticed the difference between the C50 and the RIII.

Back