My log of Alice's transformation into "my bike"

So if your engine is the √ H2 of this transplant, is it on the cards in the future now? ;) :cool:🤔

1663762551208.png

Toyota’s hydrogen engine created in close collaboration with Kawasaki. Media sourced from Fuel Cell Works.
1663762512330.png
A view of the hydrogen-powered machine debuted by Toyota, created in close collaboration with Kawasaki. Media sourced from Kawasaki.

Some more bits and bobs have arrived that I'll get on this weekend to shave more weight. A bunch of Titanium stuff as well, pics when installed.

So my schedule has changed. I'll be riding 97 miles a day for school 5 days a week ,yay!

I've managed to nearly dial in the tune to absolute perfection, gas mileage is better than stock and the bike is smooth like butter.

38 mpg cruising at 81mph, not too far off Mufasa and better than my Daytona and Mini.

Despite the Rocket getting most of my attention, Alice is isn't being neglected.

Recently, I tried converting the rear rotor/caliper/carrier to a ZX-10R setup, didn't work out. Requires ... a custom rear rotor to work, no one in the aftermarket is interested that I've contacted, grr. Would be a ~ 5lb weight loss using a lightweight rotor.

I added some Oxford Heated grips today and a little rebadge where the carbon replacement parts didn't have them. Not sure if I like the rebadge yet, might switch to 70s era Kawi logos instead.

Wow, why have I deprived myself of heated grips for so long?! Incredible little things, get so hot I cannot hold them with bare hands at 100% (just testing, I always wear gloves). Definitely high on my "must have" list for future bikes, especially since I prefer riding in 45-65f weather.

Riding the rocket recently gives me a new level of appreciation for just how refined the Z H2 is.

The only comparison I can think of is a '60s big block muscle car that's been cammed, blueprinted, and built vs something like a new vette.

One is very visceral, raw, temperamental, makes funny noises/smells/vibrations, and is engaging of all the senses at once. It makes you feel nostalgic, like a king, and badass.

The other is faster but it's not obvious because it's so refined, smooth, quiet and easy to control, providing electronic surety to help you be your best pilot. It doesn't inspire the same sense of bravado and king ape feeling, but **** is it good.

What a time we live in where the hardest decision in the morning is which keys to grab!

Last edited:
First ride testing of the Wilbers...incredible. I ordered this time declaring a rider weight of 170lbs, I weigh 190lbs, after learning from my experience with Wilbers spring rate selection.

I've setup an appointment on Saturday to have our local suspension master shop adjust everything to balance the bike.

Bang on perfect after softening damping adjuster by 4 clicks. Dips and ripples vanish, not smoother, completely gone. Sharp bumps are no longer kidney punchers, and bike doesn't wallow, doesn't wheelie as much, and doesn't wobble as much. The back of the bike became what the front is as stock, invisible, exactly like suspension should be.

Wilbers will be my go to shock forever now. As much as it helped Mufasa out, it was an even bigger change for Alice due to the pathetic trash Kawi used for the stock shock.
Wilbers are the bomb 👌

Back