My click click starter saga

I really think that's the problem along with the whippy spade connector at the starter solenoid I also replaced it with a heavier one. I know about replacing them at the relay and I did that but there's a small one at the solenoid also.
Tom have you tried the selinoid rebuild kit? Its basically a new plunger, spring, and contacts. If you haven't changed them you might want to try. And well I was digging thru my kitchen cupboards and ran into one of the kits. I can send it to you if you want.

Tom have you tried the selinoid rebuild kit? Its basically a new plunger, spring, and contacts. If you haven't changed them you might want to try. And well I was digging thru my kitchen cupboards and ran into one of the kits. I can send it to you if you want.
I have tried that and now it has an all new starter with a new solenoid plunger.

I have tried that and now it has an all new starter with a new solenoid plunger.
Ok but is ot a new starter or a rebuilt one? Nost under 200.00 are remanufactured. Which a fancy way of saying we found out what wasn't working right and tried to fix it or replaced with one part that works on another scrap starter. So after all my babbling (a few beers also to help the babbling) :D did you clean/file the plungers contact and the selinoid contacts to make sure they are contacting hard to transfer juice? Just thinking out load while I get ready to get my beauty rest :)

Another issue to consider is the amount of amps the relay is rated for. I'm guessing that relays rated for 40 amps will have much more durable contacts than those rated for 20 amps. Quality is a big issue. The starter solenoid is a high draw item so the higher the relay quality and load rating is, the longer it should last.

I think it is time to install adishanal relay
Piggy back the two apply wires then use battery power wire direct from battery and switch the solenoid wire to new relay.
No more problems.

Another issue to consider is the amount of amps the relay is rated for. I'm guessing that relays rated for 40 amps will have much more durable contacts than those rated for 20 amps. Quality is a big issue. The starter solenoid is a high draw item so the higher the relay quality and load rating is, the longer it should last.
The one in it now is a 20/30a relay.

#87 on the starter relay is the trigger wire that runs to the starter solenoid, I just replaced it with a 10ga wire and as big of spade connectors as would work ON BOTH ENDS. Bam started right up, I'll have to give it a dozen starts without a click before I'm satisfied it's good. Wouldn't that be something if the black trigger wire is chafed somewhere and that's been the problem all along!!!

In am going to wire a fused wire and a toggle directly from the battery to the solenoid as a back up in case I'm out there and all it does is click.

#87 on the starter relay is the trigger wire that runs to the starter solenoid, I just replaced it with a 10ga wire and as big of spade connectors as would work ON BOTH ENDS. Bam started right up, I'll have to give it a dozen starts without a click before I'm satisfied it's good. Wouldn't that be something if the black trigger wire is chafed somewhere and that's been the problem all along!!!

In am going to wire a fused wire and a toggle directly from the battery to the solenoid as a back up in case I'm out there and all it does is click.
There is a joiner in the wire that goes to the starter solenoid, its about half way along the harness and goes across in front of the airbox.... a real pain to get to.... don't ask how I know !!!

Back