My click click starter saga

What wire would that be? The relay has five. Is that the bypass that deletes the clutch saftey?

grounding that wire would throw the relay on and make the starter run continuously until disconnected

The plug in connector that goes in the black socket at the bottom of the picture, does it come from the starter relay? Is this what energizes the solenoid that then energizes the starter motor.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 10
This looks like the relay I need from Amazon, do you agree?

Attachments

• RELAY Amazon.jpg
    RELAY Amazon.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Relay origional.jpg
    Relay origional.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 9
The plug in connector that goes in the black socket at the bottom of the picture, does it come from the starter relay? Is this what energizes the solenoid that then energizes the starter motor.
yes
current flow ignition to starter relay
with relay energized if flows to the starter solenoid (black terminal u have circled) that works like an electrical magnet witch pulls the plunger forward which is suppose to have the large washer make contact with the positive terminal and also pushing the starter gear forward into the flywheel and at the same time make contact with the starter wire terminal providing current for the starter to rotate.
hth herman

This looks like the relay I need from Amazon, do you agree?
yes
there is one i get from auto parts store is # hp6770 that is a kit
i looked on ebay and found this i think it was a 5 pac

yes
current flow ignition to starter relay
with relay energized if flows to the starter solenoid (black terminal u have circled) that works like an electrical magnet witch pulls the plunger forward which is suppose to have the large washer make contact with the positive terminal and also pushing the starter gear forward into the flywheel and at the same time make contact with the starter wire terminal providing current for the starter to rotate.
hth herman
Any weak points to this wire? Does it have it's own plug somewhere or is it just a wire all the way to the relay?

Any weak points to this wire? Does it have it's own plug somewhere or is it just a wire all the way to the relay?
i dont think it has and connection from ecu to relay. never hear of it going bad.
with everything that u have changed i wonder about i think it is a purple wires that splices one into two and there has been a couple of bikes that have had trouble with corroison /breaking as i recall it is under tank about half way back but u have to cut the sheave apart to get to it.
i dont know if u can do search on purple wire?

Changed out the starter relay I changed around a year ago, started the bike six times and between five and six I let it run so number six would be a hot start, fired each time instantly. I've been tricked before so I don't trust it but it ...seems... to be fixed. I'm glad I changed out the starter, the bike starts with authority now instead of just turning over.

I went to Autozone and bought relay Duralast 19273.

Changed out the starter relay I changed around a year ago, started the bike six times and between five and six I let it run so number six would be a hot start, fired each time instantly. I've been tricked before so I don't trust it but it ...seems... to be fixed. I'm glad I changed out the starter, the bike starts with authority now instead of just turning over.

I went to Autozone and bought relay Duralast 19273.
Glad you got it figured out!

Back