My click click starter saga

if it did not click it might be the stand switch, the clutch switch, the starter button
if it clicks it might be the starter relay , wires, starter solenoid, starter, battery or battery wires/connections and i suppose it could be ign switch not allowing enough current to flow through the starter relay.
in this particular case guessing is not working very well. i think the only way is checking with a volt meter.
and u have to check when u are experiencing the problem. you have already checked when working and know what the volts when working
u have two areas to check
1 at the starter relay at the wire going to the starter solenoid
and at the starter post where the wire goes into the starter.
one test you might do is at the starter relay is the to remove the ignition power and install battery power wire.

It's a difficult puzzle.... I have the same issue sometimes. That makes it hard to test voltage etc, next push on the starter button the bike could start perfectly normal. I am lucky it is only sometimes... Have you tried a new ground wire from starter relay to the frame? When everything related to the starting has been renewed, the problem might (must?) be somewhere else. Wiring, especially ground, is suspect no.1 (to me). Good luck!

Yes, but I mean a separate wire from starter relay ground connection to the frame. That way bypassing the wiring harness, at least for that ground wire.
What wire would that be? The relay has five. Is that the bypass that deletes the clutch saftey?

Reading the electrical circuit diagram, I think clutch switch and side stand switch are connected to the ECM. Not to the starter circuit.
The ECM controls wether to start or not based on the switch positions.
Starter relais ground seems to go to the ECM as well (pin B24). So you cannot, unfortunately, just make a separate wire... Without that connection to the ECM (B24), the bike probably will not start at all.
ECM pin's B08 and B09 are the ground wires of the ECM, you may have checked these connections to the frame already, I don't know (yet) where their connection to the frame is.

Back