More rumors about the new Rocket

Do you have a link to this item? I visited my local dealer, Destination Triumph in Fareham nr. Southampton, and all the info he could quote was the article in MCN. He did also say that he'd been briefed by the main sales team at 'Head office' that there would be a new Rocket coming out at the end of 2019 but no specs or details. He has already taken 3 deposits against the new bike...the mind boggles!!

New Triumph Rocket III Coming In 2019

The msf instructor knew mine by sound when I came to meet my wife for lunch when she took the class

The Rocket has a very distinct sound. I was meeting up with a group of guys at a coffee shop for the first run with them on my new Rocket. We met outside of town for a ride and was running a bit late. As I slowed down to enter the parking lot, I had a bit too much speed so I engine braked through several gears with the resulting beautiful sound of the bike slowing down with no engine popping (use Hanso's 5% extra fuel map). All of the fellows responded by stating how intoxicating the sound was. One fellow said the windows were rattling in the shop and could I do it again? I told them that was only the sound of the bike decelerating, you should hear it when it accelerates....

It is indeed a unique beautiful sounding machine. I love it....

Bought my exhaust from a guy the other day and he has just this week done a factory tour at Hinckley and said there is no sign of the new Rocket III anywhere, so maybe they are building them in Thailand, think a lot of the previous bike was built there and assembled in the UK.

You are my new brother from a different Mother:D I have been on the high horse for years about windshields, bags, music etc etc have never understood why they are needed(well maybe the bags) keep the bikes as they should be two wheels and wind in your face.
In my case the windshield is needed because I am highly myopic and any movement of my glasses makes the whole world (at least what I can see of it) jiggle. Hardly a safe phenomenon. I have even worn full face helmets but the wind buffeting still causes my glasses to jiggle. I have found that a windshield is the only answer to this problem. It is a windshield or dont ride. So, just because you dont understand why a windshield is needed by some is no reason for me to forego riding because you find a windshield off-putting. I have no idea if this will enlighten you but there you go.

Back