Money no object: Best Front and Rear Suspension and Tires for 2008 Rocket

If money is no problem you need some @IMFASTTOO suspension work.

20170618_200840.jpg

Ya got to like this one Art it took me a while. Kust wait for the exhaust to be designed :D

FECK I can't give this enuff likes!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
Can you make those in a nitrous bottle?

Howdy! I want to improve the handling on my 2008 Rocket.
What are the best Tires?
Best Front and Rear Suspension?

Money no object!

Hi all,, I'm early in the process of customising my R3 which I bought this year, but one of the first things I've done is to upgrade the suspension.
Without knowing about this site, my local research pointed me into RaceTech G3-S custom shocks and forks.
Amazing results, heaps of adjustments, feels like a completely different bike and is starting to handle more like a Ducati from recent years.
I'll be calling on the brains trust of the forum re new wheels and brakes before too long.

Cost of front? and rear?. Their stock stuff for front forks only fits the Touring model. I don't think they stock an off the shelf for the rears either.

I put their fork springs and Goldline valving in my Sprint ST 1050 with Wilbers stage 3 remote piggy back in the back.

The cost of the rear was about $3,700 for the two shocks custom measured, made and fitted.
I've got the dual piggy back G3-S version.
The forks were about another$1,800.
All in Aussie dollars.
The RaceTech agent in Sydney 'Shock Treatement', measured up all the specs (including my weight and luggage/ passenger loads), and pulled apart the forks to ensure exact fitting.
It took about 12 weeks turnaround from submission of measurements, for RaceTech USA to build and send to Oz.

Mmm - $5500 is a lot of moola. Sounds like you can easily afford Carbon Fibre wheels then. A few have gone that route on their Rockets and big advantage to be able to use 17'' or 18" tyres with a massive reduction in unsprung weight may get even more out of your custom suspension. Trouble is both Aussie riders I know of that went that route are both now deceased in bike accidents.

I have some custom made CNC billet alloy adaptors and Rizoma rear sets from one of them if your going that route.

The cost of the suspension snuck up on me (made me feel a little unwell for a few weeks), but thought it's money well spent to make the beast handle as good as possible, and it should be a very long term bike.
That was my big splurge this year.
Sad to hear about the riders.
Also have sad history close to home and keep them in mind when I get a little too spirited with the throttle.
I'll look into the wheels and will keep your items in mind.

Back