i changed mine at 30k and was imtimidated, at first, being in the tank and all, but in reality it was a piece of cake, and i am no mechanic.

Ugarte, is it a simple job to change the fuel filter? I read somewhere that it is inside the tank?

Nothing to it. Now you don't have to buy a Triumph filter. I bought a WIX filter that looks exactly the same for MUCH less than a Triumph filter. The part number is WIX-3302. I went ahead and bought two because they are so cheap compared to a Triumph filter. The Triumph filter is around $52 the WIX filter is like $5 or less.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wix-33032

I went to buy the 3032 at NAPA for $3.83. It was much smaller than the stock Triumph filter and only has 20 micron filtration. What is the stock Triumph filters micron filtration rating ? Does anybody know ?

A little research later and I've found some substitute filters that should work better than the Wix/Napa 33032/3302. Mahle KL 145, Mann MNK 44 and BMW fuel filters for K and R bikes. All are German made filters and have 10 micron filtration. Now to find one on Memorial Day. :confused:

A little research later and I've found some substitute filters that should work better than the Wix/Napa 33032/3302. Mahle KL 145, Mann MNK 44 and BMW fuel filters for K and R bikes. All are German made filters and have 10 micron filtration. Now to find one on Memorial Day. :confused:
Good Job! I hope to make the 1000,000 mile mark someday. I am at around 25,000 now. I am not sure exactly because my odometer quite working at around 18,000, and I haven't fixed it yet.

One of the best posts I've ever seen on here , hope the next 200k miles are just as smooth

is 10k between oil change too much time?
what about a Purolator gold PL1442?

Back