Here is a pic of the fuel filter. I am surprised the bike could run at all. It was very difficult to even blow air through it, while the new filter is free flowing. I think I will be changing out the fuel filter every 20k from now on.

filter.jpg

oil pressure bypass works So instead of starving the oil to the engine you just pump unfiltered crap thru her until you change the condition. In this case the filter !!!!!!!!!!

Wow! That's an amazing run! Certainly think they got a new batch of assemblers for 07 ;)
Had my first indications of high idle issues the last couple days. I'm chalking it up to the bike trying to speak French! ;)

Wow! That's an amazing run! Certainly think they got a new batch of assemblers for 07 ;)
Had my first indications of high idle issues the last couple days. I'm chalking it up to the bike trying to speak French! ;)

Mine started having the high idle problem at about 50k. I took it down to the dealer under the recall and they installed a new tune which fixed it until about 90k when the primary TPS began to fail.

Ugarte, is it a simple job to change the fuel filter? I read somewhere that it is inside the tank?

Here is a pic of the fuel filter. I am surprised the bike could run at all. It was very difficult to even blow air through it, while the new filter is free flowing. I think I will be changing out the fuel filter every 20k from now on.

filter.jpg
That there is an Oil Filter...

Ugarte, is it a simple job to change the fuel filter? I read somewhere that it is inside the tank?

It is inside the tank, which is one reason, actually the only reason, I put off changing it out. But it is actually no big deal to change out. Ride till the tank is almost empty, prop it up, remove the electrical connection and the fuel line, then remove the attach bolt in the rear to remove the tank. I propped up the tank vertically to keep the remaining fuel down at the bottom, then removed the nine nuts that attach the fuel pump/filter assembly and pulled it out enough to change the filter. The manual has all manner of precautions regarding dealing with the fuel tank but just use common sense i.e. well ventilated area, and no smoking of course.

Back