eugene

.020 Over
Ride
2005 TR3
Just wondering how many miles per tank ya'll are getting? Do ya run em till to fuel light comes on. Not used to not having fuel gage.

Just wondering how many miles per tank ya'll are getting? Do ya run em till to fuel light comes on. Not used to not having fuel gage.

Fuel light comes on way early at about 165 to 180. I don't sweat it till I get over 200. I have got 240 from a tank. But I will say I was rolling on fumes at that point.

All depends on how heavy you are with the right hand..........On mine the fuel light comes on with about 80km distance to empty, when that hits zero I still have about 4ltr left in my tank

I got like 190 the first tank or two. Since then I've never broken 160. I've seen as little as 90 miles but more frequently I get about 125 miles when the light comes on saying I have around 50 miles left.

If I fill when the light comes on I can fit right around 4-4.1 gallons, when commuting. Typically yielding 30-34 mpg.

When I go out and play, I get more like 28mpg.

My pre-carpenter number were worse, 24-25 when playing.

DISCLAIMER: I am heavy handed on the throttle and I don't ride below 2500 RPM 90% of the time, shifting around 3500ish when being gentle. Cruise speed typically 75-80.

Fuel light comes on at around 240km, the best I have ever gone on a trip is 320km and i was real nervous at that. Dont know what that is in US miles.

DISCLAIMER: I am heavy handed on the throttle and I don't ride below 2500 RPM 90% of the time, shifting around 3500ish when being gentle. Cruise speed typically 75-80.
That's quite a disclaimer! I usually cruise in the high teens to 2,100. Still plenty of torque on tap at the twist of a wrist.
The only time I "cruise" above 2,500 RPM is when I want to charge my battery extra fast :)

Back