Since read that JOKER MACHINE TUBES are a better fit.

BUT - The Chinese seem to have seen the niche too - This is on Spanish Amazon but they'll be at an Amazon nr you too.

grips.png

Specifically shows the ID of both sides as 1" - left affixed with grub screws.
EBay too I'm sure.

Last edited:
Yeah, been thinking of getting some metal ones. You could install a Heat Demon heating kit between the throttle tube and the grip that goes over it, and have heated grips. The Heat demon controller is also quite good looking, compared to Triumph's INCREDIBLY ugly black lump on the handle bars.

One downside with the Biltwell is that the end is sealed, so no more bar-end weights. Unless you modify.

That's what I bought, it doesn't fit, I've been using a dremel to make it fit, so far no good.

That's what I bought, it doesn't fit, I've been using a dremel to make it fit, so far no good.
Would be interested to know WHY and where it does not fit. What is the inside diameter - EXACTLY.

And - please excuse my paranoia and do NOT take it is a reflection on you - I shudder when I see Dremel. I know they have their place in this world (I have one too) but they are the bodge-merchants ideal tool.

It wouldn't rotate smoothly the throttle tube was originally black, and now it's silver. I got it to work, but I needed to use the dremel to get more clearance, I cleaned off the paint off of the tube, but that didn't give enough clearance. The housing on the furthest o/b side, (closest to the grip) was the main problem.

Back