barbagris

Mad Scientist
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
12,985
Location
On the verge of insanity
Ride
2009 R3 - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke
Since read that JOKER MACHINE TUBES are a better fit.

BUT - The Chinese seem to have seen the niche too - This is on Spanish Amazon but they'll be at an Amazon nr you too.

grips.png

Specifically shows the ID of both sides as 1" - left affixed with grub screws.
EBay too I'm sure.
 
Last edited:

cr0ft

Living Legend
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
2,400
Location
Finland
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
Yeah, been thinking of getting some metal ones. You could install a Heat Demon heating kit between the throttle tube and the grip that goes over it, and have heated grips. The Heat demon controller is also quite good looking, compared to Triumph's INCREDIBLY ugly black lump on the handle bars.

One downside with the Biltwell is that the end is sealed, so no more bar-end weights. Unless you modify.
 

crashpete

Supercharged
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
215
Location
Surprise, AZ
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
That's what I bought, it doesn't fit, I've been using a dremel to make it fit, so far no good.
 

barbagris

Mad Scientist
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
12,985
Location
On the verge of insanity
Ride
2009 R3 - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke
That's what I bought, it doesn't fit, I've been using a dremel to make it fit, so far no good.
Would be interested to know WHY and where it does not fit. What is the inside diameter - EXACTLY.

And - please excuse my paranoia and do NOT take it is a reflection on you - I shudder when I see Dremel. I know they have their place in this world (I have one too) but they are the bodge-merchants ideal tool.
 

crashpete

Supercharged
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
215
Location
Surprise, AZ
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
It wouldn't rotate smoothly the throttle tube was originally black, and now it's silver. I got it to work, but I needed to use the dremel to get more clearance, I cleaned off the paint off of the tube, but that didn't give enough clearance. The housing on the furthest o/b side, (closest to the grip) was the main problem.
 
Top