Would be interested to know WHY and where it does not fit. What is the inside diameter - EXACTLY.

And - please excuse my paranoia and do NOT take it is a reflection on you - I shudder when I see Dremel. I know they have their place in this world (I have one too) but they are the bodge-merchants ideal tool.
I was shuddering too!

It wouldn't rotate smoothly the throttle tube was originally black, and now it's silver. I got it to work, but I needed to use the dremel to get more clearance, I cleaned off the paint off of the tube, but that didn't give enough clearance. The housing on the furthest o/b side, (closest to the grip) was the main problem.
That's more than just a bit odd. Not seen a tube for 1" bars yet that was not a good 26.4mm ID.

It wouldn't rotate smoothly the throttle tube was originally black, and now it's silver. I got it to work, but I needed to use the dremel to get more clearance, I cleaned off the paint off of the tube, but that didn't give enough clearance. The housing on the furthest o/b side, (closest to the grip) was the main problem.
So are you saying it will slide over the bar but wouldn't fit on throttle cable side?

The housing is the problem, here are some crappy measurements that I took at work: the first is Avon, 1.184 in is stock, ISO is 1.142in. 1.3025 is the Avon. If I get time I'll measure the biltwell.

Attachments

• 0117181942a.jpg
    0117181942a.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 0117181943.jpg
    0117181943.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 3
  • 0117181943a.jpg
    0117181943a.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 3
Back