Maxton Suspension

Pot holes are pot holes and go THUD. But good shocks make a HUGE difference on ripples and wallows.

One point of (in my experience) importance. Axle height. It's something I have not seen on other bikes I have owned.

On stock rubber the rear axle is lower than the front and this helps resist nose diving. I run a slightly smaller front and an E-Max rear - This DOES alter the steering geometry and you SHOULD mention this to your suspension guy. Simply swapping to an E-Max and I could feel the weight transfer under braking challenging the Maxton forks - so we decreased the airgap a bit.

Nice!...I run a 55 profile exedra max on the rear now from new...the front is still the standard metzler. Tell you what tho, some of those potholes, not gravel holes but rather wallow type tarseal holes, were enough to bottom the shocks out on my last big ride.....its gonna change!

Traxxion said they'd never done a Touring , I think they do standards, but if I sent them the forks they could probably figure it out, $1299 for the parts and they'd do the install free for the learning experience. Couple years ago, I don't have the income though anymore.

Traxxion said they'd never done a Touring , I think they do standards, but if I sent them the forks they could probably figure it out, $1299 for the parts and they'd do the install free for the learning experience. Couple years ago, I don't have the income though anymore.
Have a chat with Paul ( @Joesmoe ) he fitted some emulators in his T.

Dang that’s some high dollar stuff. Is there nothing that works for less?

I agree! IMHO - one should make improvements requisite to honestly assessing your riding priorities.

For me, tis the almighty twisty. Handing & performance are my nutters, thus headlights, suspension, tires & frame geometry get priority.

If you are not a frame dagger in the twisties, the Progressive 444 rear shockies & fork springs (or the equivalent) will provide excellent service for all but the extreme rider. Not many can, or wish to push their motor to it's limits.

The OEM headlights are criminal in their inadequacy! The OEM rear suspension is cheap and worthless for all but the most conservative solo only riding.

Engine performance would then follow all the above . .

I agree! IMHO - one should make improvements requisite to honestly assessing your riding priorities.

For me, tis the almighty twisty. Handing & performance are my nutters, thus headlights, suspension, tires & frame geometry get priority.

If you are not a frame dagger in the twisties, the Progressive 444 rear shockies & fork springs (or the equivalent) will provide excellent service for all but the extreme rider. Not many can, or wish to push their motor to it's limits.

The OEM headlights are criminal in their inadequacy! The OEM rear suspension is cheap and worthless for all but the most conservative solo only riding.

Engine performance would then follow all the above . .
Makes sense. I may not be a frame dragger very often so I may not need the max. It is nice to be aware of the possibilities so I can make a decision suited to my needs.

I live in twistyville. If you google my location you’ll see we really have some nice well known roads.

I currently run the Progressive 444 rear and their front fork springs.
They work very well; however, I could benefit from a tad better rear damping, and a little less dive & wallow in the front.
But that's just me . . . and not critically necessary.

I currently run the Progressive 444 rear and their front fork springs.
They work very well; however, I could benefit from a tad better rear damping, and a little less dive & wallow in the front.
But that's just me . . . and not critically necessary.

How heavy is the grade of oil that you use in the front forks??...could a heavier grade help with the dive do you think?

How heavy is the grade of oil that you use in the front forks??...could a heavier grade help with the dive do you think?

I am running 10W now.
Pretty sure my next move shall be Traxxion AK20 cartridges.

Back