Maxton Suspension

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
I am in the throes of doing a suspension upgrade and have been reading/enquiring/contacting people and comparing products.
As many of you are aware, there are many many products from which we can choose depending on our needs and how much we are willing to spend to achieve our end goal.
I sent an email to Maxtons as had read some very good stuff regarding their products and received a very quick response with the following detail...detail that may give some of our members an in sight to what happens...Enjoy.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3
FRONT
The front forks on the Rocket 3 are an upside down forks. The damping internals are sealed so they
can not modified to improve them. The problems with them, is that they are too soft on
compression damping and rebound damping and the springs fitted to them are also too soft. This
means that the forks dive under braking and bottom out, then spring back when let go of the brake.
Unfortunately because original damping system can not be revalved; we throw the standard
internals away and start again with our own damping system. The damping system we fit inside the
forks is a modern 20mm cartridge system. The cartridge damping system has shims and shim stacks
for rebound and compression damping, the Maxton cartridges are built to order, so we valve and
spring them to suit your bike, what you use the bike for and your rider weight. The Maxton 20mm
cartridges cost £380.00 + V.A.T.
We also supply an adjustable version of the 20mm cartridge; this has rebound damping and preload
adjustment, this costs £480.00 + V.A.T.
To install the cartridges with new forks seals costs an extra £145.00 + V.A.T.
REAR
The standard rear twinshocks on the Rocket are not very good quality. The springs on the units are
too soft for the average rider weight, which causes the bike to sit down under power and run wide.
The twinshocks are also under damped on compression and rebound. This means there is not much
support or control from the damping. Unfortunately the standard twinshocks are not rebuildable
and we can not supply respring the shocks.
We supply our own Maxton T260 twinshocks, which are Alloy bodied, externally adjustable for
rebound damping and preload. The shocks are built to order so we valve and spring to suit your rider
weight and what you use the bike for. The Maxton units are fully rebuildable and serviceable. The
Maxton twinshocks cost £470.00 + V.A.T a pair.

I'm a fan, I researched a lot and decided on them, But when I contacted them, they said "sorry, we will no longer ship to US" due to excessive litigation, or our liability laws, I don't remember exactly how they worded it, legal BS, though they worded it very politely. Probably 3 or 4 years ago, not sure if that's changed.

Edit: I just fired off an inquiry, we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
I am in the throes of doing a suspension upgrade and have been reading/enquiring/contacting people and comparing products.
As many of you are aware, there are many many products from which we can choose depending on our needs and how much we are willing to spend to achieve our end goal.
I sent an email to Maxtons as had read some very good stuff regarding their products and received a very quick response with the following detail...detail that may give some of our members an in sight to what happens...Enjoy.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3
FRONT
The front forks on the Rocket 3 are an upside down forks. The damping internals are sealed so they
can not modified to improve them. The problems with them, is that they are too soft on
compression damping and rebound damping and the springs fitted to them are also too soft. This
means that the forks dive under braking and bottom out, then spring back when let go of the brake.
Unfortunately because original damping system can not be revalved; we throw the standard
internals away and start again with our own damping system. The damping system we fit inside the
forks is a modern 20mm cartridge system. The cartridge damping system has shims and shim stacks
for rebound and compression damping, the Maxton cartridges are built to order, so we valve and
spring them to suit your bike, what you use the bike for and your rider weight. The Maxton 20mm
cartridges cost £380.00 + V.A.T.
We also supply an adjustable version of the 20mm cartridge; this has rebound damping and preload
adjustment, this costs £480.00 + V.A.T.
To install the cartridges with new forks seals costs an extra £145.00 + V.A.T.
REAR
The standard rear twinshocks on the Rocket are not very good quality. The springs on the units are
too soft for the average rider weight, which causes the bike to sit down under power and run wide.
The twinshocks are also under damped on compression and rebound. This means there is not much
support or control from the damping. Unfortunately the standard twinshocks are not rebuildable
and we can not supply respring the shocks.
We supply our own Maxton T260 twinshocks, which are Alloy bodied, externally adjustable for
rebound damping and preload. The shocks are built to order so we valve and spring to suit your rider
weight and what you use the bike for. The Maxton units are fully rebuildable and serviceable. The
Maxton twinshocks cost £470.00 + V.A.T a pair.
Very interesting great post

@Tal
AWESOME! :thumbsup:
Gratitude for all this detailed information.
I couldn't find it on their web site.
What & how much is VAT?

475E680A-F179-467F-B88E-C2F450F6ADF0.jpeg
I’ve got the fork internal cartridges......comes with a free advertising sticker

Last edited:
Back