Making a Rocket look like this...

Well, you asked, so, IMHO, you can do anything and everything you want to do to improve your power, but you are compromising any power gains and suspension improvements and your overall handling characteristics with the addition of that car tire, which, again, in my studied opinion, has only one benefit over any properly selected rear motorcycle tire and that is its lower price point and cost over time.

Otherwise, I like where you're taking your R3.:thumbsup:

Phil, I was just looking at the map and it looks like Allentown, pa. is about halfway between us. Or King of Prussia area has a lot of good eateries if you ever want to meet up. Maybe find some other members here for a Rocket Rally.

I must admit there was a time I did not care for the looks of the R3. There were other bikes I did not care that I appreciate now. Seems like my taste have changed and I love my R3. Looks aside the real draw of the Rocket is it’s motor, which is freakin awesome.

All fair and balanced statements, Steve and Ish.

As I thought I eludidated in the past, both of my VTXs were worked to produce over 100 rwhp and I never encountered either a V2K rider or an M109 rider that could grease me in a friendly road race, which I enjoyed, uhhh, several times against both of those machines/riders.;)

I agree that either of those bikes should be able to outperform most VTX 1800s, if properly equipped and in the hands of a competent rider, though. Steve more than likely would have been able to walk away from either of my big Hondas and pretty much anyone that really knew what they were doing with their bone stock 109s (uptuned as they were from the factory) should have been able to do the same, but those likely outcomes never occurred with me in the saddle and on the throttle.:cool:

Yes indeed, Phil, skill do make up for quite a bit out in the twisties! :thumbsup:
I must mention; however, that o'er the past ten years I have slowed considerably. :( :banghead:
The max focus necessary is just not what it was, even in my early 60's. :unsure: o_O :confused: :oops: :sneaky: :cautious:

Phil, I was just looking at the map and it looks like Allentown, pa. is about halfway between us. Or King of Prussia area has a lot of good eateries if you ever want to meet up. Maybe find some other members here for a Rocket Rally.

That, Sir, is a capital idea and gives us both something else to look forward to as we deal with the annual interruption to our extended motorcycling season.

Given that our birthdays are 2 years and one day apart (I'm turning 65 on the 2nd), that I worked in the computer consulting industry and that you possess some truly mad wrenching skills as evidenced by all the DIY work you've done swapping out engines and bobbing your ride, it's a fair bet that we should get along quite well, too.

I sent you a PM (Conversation) with my contact information, so we can introduce ourselves by phone sooner rather than later.:thumbsup:

Yes indeed, Phil, skill do make up for quite a bit out in the twisties! :thumbsup:
I must mention; however, that o'er the past ten years I have slowed considerably. :( :banghead:
The max focus necessary is just not what it was, even in my early 60's. :unsure: o_O :confused: :oops: :sneaky: :cautious:

I'm beginning to do the same, Steve, especially after my tumble on Memorial Day, 2016, which was the first of just two significant motorcycle-related injuries in over 50 years as a rider.

Father Time inevitably catches up to us all and smart riders (and all other mere mortals, for that matter) will do best to accommodate to the inevitable decay that Chronos bestows upon us.;)

I'm beginning to do the same, Steve, especially after my tumble on Memorial Day, 2016, which was the first of just two significant motorcycle-related injuries in over 50 years as a rider.

Father Time inevitably catches up to us all and smart riders (and all other mere mortals, for that matter) will do best to accommodate to the inevitable decay that Chronos bestows upon us.;)

So that there is father time???
Rather KEWL, I'd say!!!
I thought he was more like this:
fathertime.jpg

That image is a fine classic artist's idea of the Greek God, Cronus or Kronos.

Perhaps our younger or more fanciful members see the God of Time more like this?

latest

That image is a fine classic artist's idea of the Greek God, Cronus or Kronos.
Perhaps our younger or more fanciful members see the God of Time more like this?

No darn god O' time has abs like that!!!

Here is your Father Time:
Father Lupe.jpg

Back