Made the deposit...

My Road King has abs, my springer does not... I prefer the abs.
I have 2 rockets one with one without the ABS works but it isnt a big deal and both Rockets have great brakes if your a good rider then its not going to bother you to not have ABS

I have a nephew there - wife is a med doc in the Air Force.
Central OR and ID are indeed great places.
Regarding the ABS: I feel it is IMPORTANT to have - just look at the front wheel.
The ring inside the rotor with the wire and sending unit be it.

ABS.jpg
NICE front tire I like

I have 2 rockets one with one without the ABS works but it isnt a big deal and both Rockets have great brakes if your a good rider then its not going to bother you to not have ABS
Agreed but a couple years ago abs absolutely kept me upright on the Lolo Pass early one morning in a point blank bear encounter on the scraped highway construction area... covered in gravel. I have had to manually modulate the rear brake to avoid hi/lo siding in emergency traffic situations on non-abs more than I care to remember but that morning I was seeing my demise in seemingly slow motion and the only option was full clampers and steer out of it. The bear was cinnamon and I can still see the hair separations in its long coat in my minds eye. It would have been a very long wait from there to get medical attention.. I will take abs if the choice is given...thank you very much.

Well I made the deposit on a 13 RIII ABS Touring with 1600 miles.
Will be delivered in the next week or so...
Here is link
2013 Triumph Rocket III Touring ABS - Phantom Black, South Houston TX - - Cycletrader.com

It has afew xtras, like ipod/speakers and exhaust. Asked if there is pillion backrest, not heard back.
They will be sure tune is correct and put a new battery in it for me.
Said prev owner was older and traded it for a trike. Looks quite clean.

Think its fairly well bought $$..

Opinions? Things I should ask about while it is still at dealership?

Thanks for your help..
Well , this beast was delivered Saturday and I have burned through a tank of gas. I find it to be a well sorted out machine that rides much smaller than it looks. Think this 1st Triumph is going to be a keeper. Trying to figure out just what the P.O. did to the bike. It has some kind of aftermarket mufflers that sound nice, not taken the seat off yet to look for a tuner or a performance a/f. It seems to be getting poor mpg but in fairness it is being ridden 75-80 constantly when on open roads and interstate. It also has a bit of flat spots i can feel and hear at 70-80 cruise. Going to need to find a dyno tuner in the area that know how to work on this rare bird. May need to buy a PCV and auto tuner.. just not sure about next step beyond checking a/f and if there is a tuner..I doubt there is... It is fun rolling on power at 70 or 80 and feeling it so willing to just keep on pulling. It is very stable at speed and smooth. It has no scratches or blemishes as one would expect from a 1600 mile bike. Surprising how much longer it is parked next the my Road King. No buyers remorse at all here.... Please advise best steps going forward to sort out tune and if you know anyone in Cen Tex you would recommend to do the work. Thanks again for all your help.

Congrats and post a picture of the exhaust and we should be able to figure out what exhaust you have!! If you are somewhat computer literature you can install a new tune based on the mods you have through a free program called tune ecu and really wake her up. Have fun.

Well , this beast was delivered Saturday and I have burned through a tank of gas. I find it to be a well sorted out machine that rides much smaller than it looks. Think this 1st Triumph is going to be a keeper. Trying to figure out just what the P.O. did to the bike. It has some kind of aftermarket mufflers that sound nice, not taken the seat off yet to look for a tuner or a performance a/f. It seems to be getting poor mpg but in fairness it is being ridden 75-80 constantly when on open roads and interstate. It also has a bit of flat spots i can feel and hear at 70-80 cruise. Going to need to find a dyno tuner in the area that know how to work on this rare bird. May need to buy a PCV and auto tuner.. just not sure about next step beyond checking a/f and if there is a tuner..I doubt there is... It is fun rolling on power at 70 or 80 and feeling it so willing to just keep on pulling. It is very stable at speed and smooth. It has no scratches or blemishes as one would expect from a 1600 mile bike. Surprising how much longer it is parked next the my Road King. No buyers remorse at all here.... Please advise best steps going forward to sort out tune and if you know anyone in Cen Tex you would recommend to do the work. Thanks again for all your help.
Look under the right side cover for a Power Commander. There should also be a white gizmo plugged into the connection between the O2 sensor and ECU either under the right side cover or the triangle in front of it.

Back