Made the deposit...

WELCOME to ya from WA State.
Congrats on the new motor!
Are you another Texican?
Add your year/model bike and your location under your avatar so we can better address you.

That's a nice looking bike but you may want to confirm the ABS part. I didn't think the 13s that came to the US had ABS. The 12 and 14s did but they skipped 13. I would hate to see you jump on the binders and find out you didn't have ABS when you swapped ends. Without ABS you have to be very gentle on the rear.

bob
Hmmm, I found two 2013 touring reviews, one by moto123 and the other by motorcycle-usa.com and both talked about the abs. I will absolutely ask the dealership tomorrow to confirm it is abs as that may be a deal breaker for me...

Congrats and welcome. I looked at the same bike a few times. I can't seem to decide whether I want the Tour model or a Roadster, Classic.
Hello to the great NW. I was raised in Oregon, want to retire to Idaho so I can ride and hunt and fish to my hearts desire. been in Austin TX area since 83 tho...

Hmmm, I found two 2013 touring reviews, one by moto123 and the other by motorcycle-usa.com and both talked about the abs. I will absolutely ask the dealership tomorrow to confirm it is abs as that may be a deal breaker for me...

I know my 2013 R3T does not have ABS. Some of the 13's in other countries did. It is still a good deal at that price. It looks like who ever had it before put a few upgrades on it, including what looks like D&D pipes. I have never had ABS on a bike so I don't miss it on this one. I just use the rear brake gently. If you stomp on it you will lock it up. :(

Maybe it was an option for that year and the one I bought didn't have it, that is always a possibility.

bob

Last edited:
Back