i will tell u about my floppy mirror
that little gismo that is in there was shot so every time i got up to about 90 it would swing back.
so i cut a slot in a 45apc shell then cut off at the base so i had a shim to go in there
every ride it would get floppy and i would twist the nut finally it was tight and stiff.
u got it the moral of the story
permanent stiffy

So this mirror movement is with older models as well as the new apparently.
Do the older models have the ball and socket like the new, where there is no way to tighten?
Maybe we could start a mirror swap club between the UK and the USA and make a good pair seeing we ride on opposite sides of the road ……..
Can you mail me the one that is stable so I will have a good pair. ( should have worded it differently as Herman may read this)

Last edited:
From memory, my Touring just has a threaded stem with a nut below that tightens it, and ball and socket on the back of mirror

From memory, my Touring just has a threaded stem with a nut below that tightens it, and ball and socket on the back of mirror
So the nut has nothing to do with the movement of mirror from socket? Just like the new ones.
My honda had the stem attached to mirror but the nut is what made it stable, no movement of mirror on socket.

the old ones is like a taper and fits into a taper with a tapered spring bushing that tightens as u turn the nut.
on mine the spring/bushing was clasped so i made an extra bushing so it would tighten up.
sort of like
ahhh never mind

Back