Looking for a Great Solo Seat

Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
Guys, looking for reccomendations for good solo seat for the R3T. I am familiar with Corbin and do not want one of those. I wanted a mustang with Fender bib only to discover they do not make triumph seats. Any other suggestions out there?

Have you looked at the Triumph solo seat? I had it along with the rider backrest on my R3T. I liked it fine; didn't find it to be too soft, etc... For reference, I weigh 150 lbs.

Ah....there's that weight thing again, go ahead rub it in Daryl.:D

Dennis

82 dtg Dubai
83 dtg Home

I only throw it out there for reference. Weight seems to come into play for a lot of things related to bikes. The stock suspension on the Tiger 1050, for example, gets a few complaints on the Tiger forum for being too soft (bottoming out) for 2-up riding. After gathering some data (because I asked), it boils down to folks either not properly adjusting the suspension (Tiger is fully adjustable front and back) for their size (or riding 2-up) or they're exceeding the weight limitations of the bike when they add a pillion rider and/or luggage. It's hardly a deficiency with the bike if it has a weight limit of 550 lbs (don't know if that's the limit; just an example) and you choose to load the bike down with 600 lbs.

Back on topic of the Rocket seats, I've never had an issue with the Triumph seats, but a lot of folks on the forum complain they're too soft. I have to assume that's because they're packing a few more donuts than I am.

Just pulling your leg Daryl...but guilty as charged. We actually get regular donuts and creme (rasberry) filled ones every now and then...life is good...sort of...considering where I am at...you don't think I'm over here just for the money do you?

Dennis

82 dtg Dubai
83 dtg Home

I first tried the Triumph Solo seat, but as others have said I found it too soft. It is firmer than the stock seat, but I swapped it for a Corbin. You either love or hate Corbin seats. They are some of the hardest out there. This is my third and I can put on many more pain free miles with a Corbin than anything else I've tried. Oh, I weigh 185 lbs.

Just pulling your leg Daryl...but guilty as charged. We actually get regular donuts and creme (rasberry) filled ones every now and then...life is good...sort of...considering where I am at...you don't think I'm over here just for the money do you?

Dennis

82 dtg Dubai
83 dtg Home

I know. I also know that with all of my Paul Stanley "Manties" type posts that it could sometimes be hard to tell when I'm being serious. :D

Russell Day Long....

Guys, looking for reccomendations for good solo seat for the R3T. I am familiar with Corbin and do not want one of those. I wanted a mustang with Fender bib only to discover they do not make triumph seats. Any other suggestions out there?

Elvis,
Have you seen this before...
http//www.day-long.com/

Some folks on the forum have re-covered seats by this guys and love'em.

Back