Looking for a good place to Mod tranny

If I remember right I paid a reduced rate of around 300.00 for the upgrade. and then bought another 800.00 worth of stuff but could be getting mixed up. Oldtimers setting in!
That sounds like the price on the update kit is in right in there right . I'm going to ponder the gears above and sort out which is which after work. I did notice the detent spring in the triumph plastic bag and recognise it as the older style not sure if thats a used one or not. The newer one has less coil wraps. My guess is more tension especially when they changed the diameter of the detent wheel.

That sounds like the price on the update kit is in right in there right . I'm going to ponder the gears above and sort out which is which after work. I did notice the detent spring in the triumph plastic bag and recognise it as the older style not sure if thats a used one or not. The newer one has less coil wraps. My guess is more tension especially when they changed the diameter of the detent wheel.

Looks like 6 gears to me 2nd input 3rd 4th input 2nd 3rd 4th 5th output. don't see dog ring.

Looks like 6 gears to me 2nd input 3rd 4th input 2nd 3rd 4th 5th output. don't see dog ring.
Ya I didn't see the 2 to 3 dog ring either. Your probably right about the gears I just wamt to view them from a computer not my phone :) I can't blame my eye sight on my age as I got bifocals in the seventh grade. Don't remember when they slipped the trifocals in on me :D

Last edited:
Ya I didn't see the 2 to 3 dog ring either. Your probably roght about the gears I just wamt to view them from a computer not my phone :) I can't blame my eye sight on my age as I got bifocals in the seventh grade. Don't remember when they slipped the trifocals in on me :D

All good, wish I could find the paperwork. Have run out of places to look. I know it was more than those pieces.

Will have to look and see. I know there are gears shifting fork and other parts I had them replace every thing to do with those two gears, when it popped out it slammed against another gear and broke it or went in two gears not sure. After the repairs it never would stay in second at 1/4 power. I will have to dig out box and try to get some pics for you. I do have a couple of the tranny during disassembly.
100_1332.jpg
100_1333.jpg
100_1334.jpg
100_1335.jpg
I wonder how hard it would be to have 4th and 5th gears totally remade with a better ratio. Something like a 0.69 for 5th instead of the 0.94

Back