The dealers get incentives to unload leftovers so I go on cycle trader and get the best price and bring it to the local dealer with me and ask them how much they think it would cost to have it shipped. I did it on my last bike and it worked!! I think $14,000 is pretty good but there may be some Triumph bucks laying around they can give you for heated grips or pipes. Good luck

Stock the R3t is much like a road king so a top box is all you're missing and there's several to pick from aftermarket.

Last edited:
Essentially, that's what I did too. The dealer looked at me askew, and said, "I'll get back to you."

When he did, he said, "We can cut you a break because I already ordered five Triumphs from a dealer in New York, and adding the Rocket was no problem."

Whatever the reason, I got the price, and the delta, just as @steve59 suggested, was used for the extended warranty and some goodies.

Last edited:
I bought the same bike a few weeks back for 12k with 2000 miles on it. Harley tour packs and fairings have been added with little problem. I think I'm keeping the stock look for a while but will probably get a taller windshield after summer. Seat change is what I'm doing first. I have been doing research on building my own seat.

Hey @BigNorm
I'm not comfortable on my R3R either as support from the seat is minimal due to my leg length. Have thought about working on my own seat as well let me know what you come up with. Sorry for the hijack guys.

Hey @BigNorm
I'm not comfortable on my R3R either as support from the seat is minimal due to my leg length. Have thought about working on my own seat as well let me know what you come up with. Sorry for the hijack guys.
I'm going off of this for now. diymotorcycleseat.com I'm looking for a good place to get the rebound foam. I've seen pictures of the day long saddles with the covers off and the outer support appears to be made of that stuff. I want to hollow out the area right beneath my tailbone and fill it with memory foam. (MY SEAT!) We just swapped out our mattress so I'm going to cut some of that foam before I throw it away. I'm really looking forward to doing this but it's got to wait until I get some house projects done. I'll start a thread up when I start.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the touring bike yet, and my FLH has a busted clutch cable so I will have to wait to put it on Craig's List. But I had the chance to ride a friends Roadster yesterday and all I can say is HOLY YIKES. WOW does that thing go. He rode my Iron Head (it was his last year) and he finally let me try his bike. WOW oh WOW. I am in. So I was looking at a 2014 leftover touring bike but now I may go for a Roadster. I still haven't tried the touring but I cant imagine it being as fun as the Roadster. I can see why you all love this creature.

Newbie here. Looking at a 2014 left over touring red & black for $14,000.00. Not sure if this is a good price for a Triumph or not. My FLH is about done and I am loosing interest in Harley Davidson at the moment. A friend of mine has a Rocket and he loves it. He has a had a few Harley's and always *****ed about the ones he owned. He is a Kawasaki guy so I dont know why he rides a Harley any ways. Someone let him ride a Triumph and he was hooked. Now I have to listen to him brag about his Rocket. The truth is none of us that ride together can keep up with him and he never has problem with that English Bull Dog of his. He wont let me ride it because he say I ride like Foster Brooks walks. But he let one of the older guys ride it and now he is looking for a Rocket too. Anyway he told me about this forum and I figured I would check it out. Is there some accessories to make it more of a touring bike like a fairing and a touring bag like the Electra Glides have? I am not as interested in making it a hot rod like he is but I do a lot of long distance rides so comfort is a must. Like touring seats and floor boards. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks, Iron Mike.
Hi
I owned a kawasaki vn1700 classic great bike but 3 weeks ago I rode a r3 touring ......for the last 2 weeks I've owned a r3 touring there is nothing like it out there .....get one = big smile all day

About 11 months ago at Doug Douglas Triumph in San Bernardino
had a 1000 off sale on my 2014 R3T. Cost with discount $12,999 + 495 freight + 555 setup + 1,264.41 tax + 231 dmv + 80 doc fee + 3.50 ctf. Grand total $15,627.91

They also gave me $500 accessory voucher for being a vet, this bought my exhaust.

You can pick them up used for 10 k, but I wanted ABS

My option is they handle very well. My buds on other cruisers cannot hang. I do recommend the derestricting and heavier Race Tech fork springs, unless you weigh a buck fifty.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the touring bike yet, and my FLH has a busted clutch cable so I will have to wait to put it on Craig's List. But I had the chance to ride a friends Roadster yesterday and all I can say is HOLY YIKES. WOW does that thing go. He rode my Iron Head (it was his last year) and he finally let me try his bike. WOW oh WOW. I am in. So I was looking at a 2014 leftover touring bike but now I may go for a Roadster. I still haven't tried the touring but I cant imagine it being as fun as the Roadster. I can see why you all love this creature.
Oh yeah the Roadster really blisters up the pavement...I love my 2010, the first year. I bought it used from the dealer in 2012 and it came with a sweet sounding after market exhaust (Jardine-I don't think they make them anymore) You caught my attention when you mentioned "Foster Brooks" I haven't heard that name in 40 years...that guy was a riot. I grew up 80 miles north of Beantown...Concord NH but have called Alaska home for quite a long time now. Welcome, and you really are about to ride a fantastic motorcycle. -D

Back