66xlch900

.020 Over
Ride
2006 FLHTP
Newbie here. Looking at a 2014 left over touring red & black for $14,000.00. Not sure if this is a good price for a Triumph or not. My FLH is about done and I am loosing interest in Harley Davidson at the moment. A friend of mine has a Rocket and he loves it. He has a had a few Harley's and always *****ed about the ones he owned. He is a Kawasaki guy so I dont know why he rides a Harley any ways. Someone let him ride a Triumph and he was hooked. Now I have to listen to him brag about his Rocket. The truth is none of us that ride together can keep up with him and he never has problem with that English Bull Dog of his. He wont let me ride it because he say I ride like Foster Brooks walks. But he let one of the older guys ride it and now he is looking for a Rocket too. Anyway he told me about this forum and I figured I would check it out. Is there some accessories to make it more of a touring bike like a fairing and a touring bag like the Electra Glides have? I am not as interested in making it a hot rod like he is but I do a lot of long distance rides so comfort is a must. Like touring seats and floor boards. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks, Iron Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie here. Looking at a 2014 left over touring red & black for $14,000.00. Not sure if this is a good price for a Triumph or not. My FLH is about done and I am loosing interest in Harley Davidson at the moment. A friend of mine has a Rocket and he loves it. He has a had a few Harley's and always *****ed about the ones he owned. He is a Kawasaki guy so I dont know why he rides a Harley any ways. Someone let him ride a Triumph and he was hooked. Now I have to listen to him brag about his Rocket. The truth is none of us that ride together can keep up with him and he never has problem with that English Bull Dog of his. He wont let me ride it because he say I ride like Foster Brooks walks. But he let one of the older guys ride it and now he is looking for a Rocket too. Anyway he told me about this forum and I figured I would check it out. Is there some accessories to make it more of a touring bike like a fairing and a touring bag like the Electra Glides have? I am not as interested in making it a hot rod like he is but I do a lot of long distance rides so comfort is a must. Like touring seats and floor boards. Your advice is appreciated. Thanks, Iron Mike.
welcome,good luck and safe riding. The touring already has floor boards and hard bags. Their are alot of threads you can look up here for full fairings and trunks should you choose. Depending on your size, some of us larger men have upgrading the seating, like I say, lots of threads, but ask the questions, there are ALOT of helpful captains who can give you their opinions......warranted or not:laugh:
BUT STEP 1: Look up R3T derestricting thread first if you are lacking some HP/Torque.

Welcome, 14K Tax and tags included not so bad? Great bike you'll love it 20 dollar cable, computer, free program, and a new tune will give you everything you need.
Good luck on your quest.

Welcome, 14K Tax and tags included not so bad? Great bike you'll love it 20 dollar cable, computer, free program, and a new tune will give you everything you need.
Good luck on your quest.
No. not plus tax. I wish. I live in Taxachussettes. Tax is never included in anything here. Thanks for the information.

Good luck on your quest.
YES like JAG says you can retune and change to a 3 to 1 EXHAUST and make 160 -175 HP to the rear wheel or 200 HP at the crankshaft depending on your intake and tuner and that gives you a very fast touring bike

The touring models are a little over $17,000 so that a little over $3,000 off. I'd say that's a pretty good deal
In Canada, mine listed for 19,got it for 17,plus a whack of 30% off anything in the store,I got boots,gloves helmet,jacket and odds and sods ,convert Canadian to American dollars,it's probably close to park, and he'll get 2 yrs warranty:thumbsup:

GO FOR IT! :thumbsup:
Never before seen a motor in Wayward Pines?! :eek:
Kewl place though, as I visit there often and
Shall be looking for you . . . :evil:

Back