LongHaul seat and Utopia backrest.......

Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
Hello everyone. I have a new 15 R3T with the OEM seat. I have on order a Utopia backrest. If I decide to buy a LongHaul seat in the future, will the Utopia be able to be installed on the LongHaul? The Utopia and the LongHaul backrests cost about the same, so I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet, buy the LongHaul seat and LongHaul backrest at the same time? My wife really hasn't had a chance to ride on it for long distances yet, but she's small, 110 lbs. I'm 6'4 and 220, so I don't know if the LongHaul will move me forward like I've read. I don't think I can be moved anymore forward on the bike. Any thoughts?

Redwings, I can't answer that question directly as I do not have either, but I do have a BeadRider on my OEM Touring seat and I love the thing. I do many long rides each year during summer and the beads keep my posterior dry plus they act as a circulation aid simply by sliding around on them for a gentle massage. At $40-50, it is hard to beat.
As for the passenger back rest, my Pretty Pillion is also a small lady and loves the support she gets for some of the longer rides she goes on with me. Maybe too much comfort as she tends to doze off often. She sits on a half filled Air Hawk seat cushion for the long rides and goes without on our short 1-2 hour rides.
I hope this helps some.

Hello everyone. I have a new 15 R3T with the OEM seat. I have on order a Utopia backrest. If I decide to buy a LongHaul seat in the future, will the Utopia be able to be installed on the LongHaul? The Utopia and the LongHaul backrests cost about the same, so I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet, buy the LongHaul seat and LongHaul backrest at the same time? My wife really hasn't had a chance to ride on it for long distances yet, but she's small, 110 lbs. I'm 6'4 and 220, so I don't know if the LongHaul will move me forward like I've read. I don't think I can be moved anymore forward on the bike. Any thoughts?

What is a UTOPIA backrest? How can it work with the stock seat? I also have a 2015 touring and I got the GEL SEAT which is good but no backrest. I got used to a back rest on my Boss Hoss and for long rides (over 5 hours) and I think the backrest is the way to go. I also don't want to be pushed any further forward. My wife is also small and never complains about anything so the passenger seat is fine.

What is a UTOPIA backrest? How can it work with the stock seat? I also have a 2015 touring and I got the GEL SEAT which is good but no backrest. I got used to a back rest on my Boss Hoss and for long rides (over 5 hours) and I think the backrest is the way to go. I also don't want to be pushed any further forward. My wife is also small and never complains about anything so the passenger seat is fine.

Utopia Products - Motorcycle Driver Backrest - Motorcycle Seat

I love mine. Feels good to have something to lean against when I'm ripping the throttle.

cant answer for the R3T I have one on both of my bikes and the work great. Mount to the passenger hardware on my Roadster

Redwings, I can't answer that question directly as I do not have either, but I do have a BeadRider on my OEM Touring seat and I love the thing. I do many long rides each year during summer and the beads keep my posterior dry plus they act as a circulation aid simply by sliding around on them for a gentle massage. At $40-50, it is hard to beat.
As for the passenger back rest, my Pretty Pillion is also a small lady and loves the support she gets for some of the longer rides she goes on with me. Maybe too much comfort as she tends to doze off often. She sits on a half filled Air Hawk seat cushion for the long rides and goes without on our short 1-2 hour rides.
I hope this helps some.

After talking with several riders using the beads in Montrose, CO while attending RAA IX (2014) I got me some and love them as well!
One pleasant surprise was how well they facilitate sliding my old ass off the seat in the twisties!!!

The Utopia functions awesome on my Roadster with a solo seat.
Do not know about the R3T.

Just get the long haul is what I'd say looked at doing it with utopia but decided not to go that rout

I just ordered the Long Haul seat I found on ebay but I had to get the backrest from a dealer. My plan is to keep the Gel Seat for most of my riding as I like the way it looks but on long rides I will put the seat with the backrest on. This is my plan but its not written in stone. I have the stock touring seat that I only used for 500 miles. If someone wants it I'll take 150 dollars for it, otherwise it will take up space in my garage for the next ten years.

Last edited:
Back