Longest Life rear tire for Roadster?

Me too. This thread is exactly what I need ...
well guys...my last TWO rockets i ran Bridgestone Exedra max an the rear...had 42 lb of air in them ...and the last one had 16000kms on it b4 i changed it for a wof..(Warrant of Fitness)....and i dont just idle around town..trust me!...
I am looking at putting one on my 2020 gt when the Avon wears out...the hugger will need some alterations cos the Bridgestone being a 55 profile, is 26mm bigger in diameter...thats 13mm bigger from the centre of the axle.
I can highly recommend them.

well guys...my last TWO rockets i ran Bridgestone Exedra max an the rear...had 42 lb of air in them ...and the last one had 16000kms on it b4 i changed it for a wof..(Warrant of Fitness)....and i dont just idle around town..trust me!...
I am looking at putting one on my 2020 gt when the Avon wears out...the hugger will need some alterations cos the Bridgestone being a 55 profile, is 26mm bigger in diameter...thats 13mm bigger from the centre of the axle.
I can highly recommend them.
Thanks v much.
Ishrub says the same and was good enough to send a link to an online OZ discounter, so they (B Stone Exedra Max) will be ordered asap ! :)

Thanks v much.
Ishrub says the same and was good enough to send a link to an online OZ discounter, so they (B Stone Exedra Max) will be ordered asap ! :)
Tell us what that 'Mates Rate' deal stuff they advertised in the link I sent you? Prices seemed ridiculously low especially as their normal price was quite cheap anyway. Could be just a 'suck you in scheme' and sell at std price. You wont know till you try and get the 'Mates rate' price.

Not sure how the Mates Rate price works but worth checking out

Bridgestone Exedra 240/55/16R
Au$342

QUANTITY12345678910
ITEM PRICE$342
MATES RATES PRICE$171
HOTFITTING SERVICE
Deliver your tyres directly to a selected fitting partner who will fit your tyres hassle free. Save up to $30 per tyre.Learn more...
Select a fitting station
or
Add to cart
Please note: For home delivery add this product to your cart to calculate your shipping costs.

BRIDGESTONE EXEDRA MAX 240/55R16M/C 86V TYROOLA.COM.AU
BRIDGESTONE EXEDRA MAX 240/55R16M/C 86V Tyroola offers you tyres for the best prices ✅ Fast delivery ✅ Largest selection of premium and value brands ✅ Save Money and Buy Online
www.tyroola.com.au

BRIDGESTONE EXEDRA MAX 240/55R16M/C 86V Tyroola offers you tyres for the best prices ✅ Fast delivery ✅ Largest selection of premium and value brands ✅ Save Money and Buy Online
www.tyroola.com.au

Au$355
www.tyroola.com.au

Matching front Exedra Max
BRIDGESTONE EXEDRA MAX 150/80-15M/C 70H TYROOLA.COM.AU
BRIDGESTONE EXEDRA MAX 150/80-15M/C 70H Tyroola offers you tyres for the best prices ✅ Fast delivery ✅ Largest selection of premium and value brands ✅ Save Money and Buy Online
www.tyroola.com.au

QUANTITY12345678910
ITEM PRICE$228
MATES RATES PRICE$114
HOTFITTING SERVICE
Deliver your tyres directly to a selected fitting partner who will fit your tyres hassle free. Save up to $30 per tyre.Learn more...
Select a fitting station
or
Add to cart
Please note: For home delivery add this product to your cart to calculate your shipping costs.

Last edited:
Just an FYI: My current FRONT tire Avon Cobra 140/75-17 has about 16,000 miles on it and still has 3/32 left on it. I don't know why it is lasting so long, but I'm happy about it.

The most I have had a rear tire last is about 12,000 miles. Yes it too was an Avon Cobra.

I have the same problem with the Avon Cobra chrome front tire, About the same mileage and wear. Yes back tire a Avon Cobra chrome and i would give around 12,000. It has about 9,000 at the moment. Very happy with the tires and will replace with the same.

Well, I'm not touching the dark side debate. I get 4,500 miles or less from Exedra Max. Apparently it depends on road surface, straights vs twistes, and how much you love torque. I ride about 14,000 miles/year, so I feel your pain. I'm always changing tires. Had a rear flat yesterday, in fact. Someone mentioned way earlier in the post about the height difference changing to the Exedra Max. I don't recall noticing a big difference. I'm 5'5" btw. My only solution to the cost was to learn to change my own tires. That takes a lot, not all, the sting out of it. I posted about that recently if you're interested.

Its really interesting isnt it reading how many miles or kilometers different riders get from the same tyre..tire..?...i always thought it may be different type of road surfaces which was the main factor but im swaying a wee bit towards what 'Journeyman' mentions in its "how much you love torque!"...
We all ride differently thats for sure....you can notice this when on a ride with a bunch of riders having a day out.
Hence the huge variances in which tire is best...what suits Sonny, might not suit me...what suits Paul Bryant..who lives in my country, might not suit me...its all what performs best for your style of riding....and how much they cost to replace i guess....Currently here in NZ i can get a 240/55r-16 Bridgestone Exedra Max for $NZ329...plus 60 bucks to fit. Thats pretty good.

Most of my ride back and forth to work is done at 75 to 80 miles per hour With about 3 stops on average. That works out to 114 miles a day in a straight line through some really great country. Really great on tires. Summer time they do wear faster.

My experience with DS with years of riding, 3 different tires, on the vtc 1800 ,the last one the best in feel, less noticable difference from MC tire is this: we do get used to things as humam nature what starts as not bad, we don't even notice how adaptive we are. I swore by the car tires. Then, as curiosity got me, thought let me try a cycle tire again. Wow is all I can say. Never again. Was the ct bad, no! But cycle tire is better in less effort. I am all about less effort! And that means more enjoyable to me. Yes not changing tires as often, and pricewise ct is less effort, but I mean riding.

Last edited:
WTF
Hadn't thought about using km or milage as a change criteria o_O
Wirh my 1st mistress, Morissa, a 2006R3 (non of all these variants at time), I asked my bud and mentor (in QC, back in 2012, you had to have a mentor for 11 months of learners' permit - started my 11 months on an old Honda 750 Magna, finished last 2 months and passed my permit on Morissa), how long he kept his tires. So he says to me "I wear mine down to the ropes." (actual expression in French "j'use jusqu'à la corde", translated to English would be "down to the bone").
A couple of months into the summer and my rear has about 1" wide of steel belts showing. We're on a hot summer ride, stopped for an ice cream cone, butts on curb, and I figure I'll ask him for a more precise answer: "... so how much down "to the ropes" do you actually go on your tires?"
"What do you mean?" he asks. So I show him, and he yells "What are you crazy? It was a figure of speech!!"
Well it wasn't clear in my mind, and riding down to the first steel belt was no issue and performed fine. Now I change my Metzellers at about 2mm of tread, I think.
This is a true story and I'm not saying you should do as I did, but it is reassuring at how well built rear Metzeler tires are made for R3s.
It still bothers me to waste 2mm of tread plus, the rubber to the 1st belt plus the 1st belt. But if someday you find yourself living in a post apocalyptic world like MadMax, well at least now you can say that at least you're now "in the know", (at least for rear Metzelers).
REAL environmentalists don't like to waste. Smart environmentalists know tires can be (some actually are) recycled. In a world where "smart" recycling isn't that present, not being "real" is hard. I still have think the fiest steel belt is a good criteria, just ride as if you're in the 'great white north" = carefully, and save (the environment).

Luvyall

CrazyX 🙃 🖖
(xian)

Last edited:
Back