I would recommend riding one of these bikes for a bit before selling it short in any category. They get down the road quicker than you might expect from reading the tech sheets. I do think more power will be in xtracted in time but as it is it is plenty fast. Because of the overall way the bike is put together it will hang with a 200 hp Older bike. I eased Steels 251 Carpenter bike and beat him on the first race due to his ridder error. He beat me on the second one due to my error and his good execution. For riding the actual mountain road, the new bike wins all day long due to weight, handling and gearing.

Boog your concern about riding ergonomics is founded. The older bike has a large more laid back feel.

Give it time and they will unlock it. I have owned many performance bikes and cars over the years and if the demand is there they will get it done.

On the other hand many of us (including myself) will be happy keeping it stock. It's a mid 10 second bike stock with tons of comfort, heated grips, quickshifter, riding modes etc etc.

I am very happy with mine. Triumph hit a homerun with this bike!

No such thing as a truly locked ECU. Modern Cars, Motorcycles, etc., all have ECUs and many of them share the same software manufacturers and software platform design. This makes it easier for hackers to break in to the ECU because the software is common and follows the same design logic. In general the security on ECUs is not very good, its not like trying to hack into your iPhone, Windows PC or bank software, etc. I have no doubt that the new Rocket ECU will be cracked shortly, if it hasn't been already, but isn't being openly shared.

I am nether Jealous or a Inexperience rider. If you must result to that level so be it. I on the other hand will not. The facts remain that finding a service manual for the bike is difficult and tuning for the time being is out of the question. Time will tell. Am not impressed with the bike at all and have stated that. Some of the commits on here about how powerful they are do not jive with facts. Yes it is a good looking bike and may handle well but there is more to owning a bike than that. Some of us would really like to see a 2500 that you can ride daily with storage space that will accommodate your winter gear and lunch. Hopefully Triumph will realize that there are a lot of folks like myself that would appreciate more storage space and a better riding position then what is offered now.

I am nether Jealous or a Inexperience rider. If you must result to that level so be it. I on the other hand will not. The facts remain that finding a service manual for the bike is difficult and tuning for the time being is out of the question. Time will tell. Am not impressed with the bike at all and have stated that. Some of the commits on here about how powerful they are do not jive with facts. Yes it is a good looking bike and may handle well but there is more to owning a bike than that. Some of us would really like to see a 2500 that you can ride daily with storage space that will accommodate your winter gear and lunch. Hopefully Triumph will realize that there are a lot of folks like myself that would appreciate more storage space and a better riding position then what is offered now.
You do make some valid points. We will just have to see what happens. The bikes are quicker than the numbers portray. I know you have experience on bikes no doubt but after you spend time on the new ones they really grow on you.

If you make a negative remark about the 2020 Rocket it's a welcome opinion. If you continue over and over to make negative remarks about the Rocket it's plain old jealousy.🍸
not on the the thread @barbagris had going saying he did not like it(got locked out maybe 4 posts they said it was to negative

I'm not seeing if you actually own one? It says you have a rocket x? Having owned 4 rockets my opinion is this...the first gen rocket was a great great bike but the 2nd gen is light years ahead. The build quality, the parts used, the technology...I can't think of a single area of 1st gen I would like more. From what you are looking for it sounds like you need a triumph trophy. Or an FJR, ST1300, BMW R1250RS?

There are literally so many great bikes available that you could have trouble choosing in this day and age. Good luck. I'm sure there are many bikes that would fit the exact description you are looking for.

Am very happy with my Rocket X. By far the best bike i have ever owned. IMG_0902.JPG 66,990 miles and still running strong. Never seen a shop. Did get a dyno last summer. 168 horse but do not remember the torque. Not the fastest or greatest but it suits me well. Have a decent day bag which carries all the gear needed to commute back and forth to work year round. Would be hard pressed finding a area to strap down the day pack even on a GT. Backrest and rack on the GT is small. Understand the New Rockets are designed to look sleek and slick nothing wrong with that. Triumph needs to wake up and realize a decent touring model would be worth the effort. Something that would be practical for daily use and long trips. I have sat on a GT and did not care for it much. I have more room on the X. Don't get me wrong i'm not bashing the new rockets. They are sharp looking bikes but lack in practicality when it comes to daily use and the occasional bike trip. If Triumph produces a touring model of the 2500 i would buy one in a heartbeat. Untill then i will stick with the X.

Back