Kojack1970

Turbocharged
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster and 2000 HD Fatboy
Have a 2016 Roadster, with DPlatt crossover and matching mufflers. Just added a ramair last week also. So, I downloaded Hanso's tune 20776 3rd generation, unrestricted, 2014+ Roadster TORS, triple filter/ Ramair etc. and loaded to the ECU without issue. I did noticed on this tune the O2 sensor is not enabled, but I still have it installed and connected. What is the right approach for the O2 sensor, enabled or disabled, pro's/ con's? I read some threads saying an enabled O2 sensor will overwrite the fuel map.

My understanding is if the O2 sensor isn't used it will fry. Best to remove it and fit a blanking plug. I tie wrapped my O2 sensor to the frame behind the exhaust cover. I'm sure others may say differently but that's my understanding.

My understanding is if the O2 sensor isn't used it will fry. Best to remove it and fit a blanking plug. I tie wrapped my O2 sensor to the frame behind the exhaust cover. I'm sure others may say differently but that's my understanding.

Thanks. No additional input from anyone else yet.

I believe when it is unchecked its not necessarily turned off. The program is not monitoring it. I believe the heater is still on keeping it clean. I removed mine to use the bung for crank case gas evacuation. And by removing it I mean its unplugged and gone. Turned off in tune ecu and no codes.

It's completely disabled when unchecked, heater circuit is un-powered. Verified by voltage check at the wire. All codes stop being monitored as well. When disabling secondaries in Tune-ECU it also disabled all checks, codes, and leaves them un-powered, so don't disable unless you've removed the secondary plates.

While the technically correct thing to do is remove it and put in a plug when disabled, if you don't need it, do you care if it dies eventually? The plugs are super cheap, under $5 and it's a 5 or 10 minute affair.

It's completely disabled when unchecked, heater circuit is un-powered. Verified by voltage check at the wire. All codes stop being monitored as well. When disabling secondaries in Tune-ECU it also disabled all checks, codes, and leaves them un-powered, so don't disable unless you've removed the secondary plates.

While the technically correct thing to do is remove it and put in a plug when disabled, if you don't need it, do you care if it dies eventually? The plugs are super cheap, under $5 and it's a 5 or 10 minute affair.
I noticed a weird thing, I used the map Claviger posted on the forum for CES and TORs....I have ram air + stock + TORs.....when I used the windows tuneecu version, the map opens up with O2 sensor enabled by default.....but when I open the same map on an android phone, the map opens with O2 sensor disabled....?
So would it be right to think that it’s upto me to keep it enabled if I have O2 sensor installed and powered up or disable it and uninstall it...? Or the map had been tuned with specific O2 settings???? If it has been tuned with specific O2 settings then which software to use????

I ran the same tune for awhile with O2 sensors disabled. Then again my pipes have no bungs for O2 sensors. Since your in California finding a tuner that is familiar with tune ECU should not be a problem. Drop the tune in and go get it a dyno.

Last edited:
So........here is a very joyful update

here is what did step by step, based on awesome advise from this forum:

1. disconnected PCV, the O2 sensor was already disconnected and PCV had O2 optimizer plugged in.
2. downloaded a fresh copy of Claviger map from resources that goes with ramair and TORs setup...I think it was based on 20776 with O2 sensor unchecked.
3. Used an android phone to load the map, and reset adaptations after the map is loaded.
4. Ran the bike idle till the fan turned on but did not wait till full 12 minutes, as I am told that 12 minute tune is only valid if O2 sensor is in place to iterate the optimum lean vs rich operating point.
5. Took it out for test ride, did not turn it off....and it was mind blowing.....very smooth, did not feel it was running hot, excellent response....drove about 20 miles with no issues at all.....
6. Stopped on the way at autozone to get the bing plug with copper washer.....hopefully then O2 is not fried since it has been there for last 4 years.....but will definitely take it out and put the plug in.

thanks a lot everyone for the awesome support and responses....now going for others improvements!!!!!!!

Back