sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
There is no way i would buy a bike with a locked ECU. That would take all the fun out of it. No matter what you try to do to the bike your screwed. No way To re-tune after mods. Kind of left out in the cold. One of the pleasures of owning a bike is all the different ways you can set it up engine. Run and tune to 260 plus house or run and set up for massive torque in the low and mid range. The possibility's are not limited. Of course the possibility's are limited if you bought a bike with a locked ECU. Kind of sad most new bikes are sold locked.

There is always a way @sonny . It only keeps out most. Not all.
I’m not scared of buying a new bike. ECUs have a habit of getting unlocked. We are not even a year in to the new models and mods are being made. It is unfortunate to have so much criticism of a bike that a guy has never even rode. Inexperienced riders talk to much out of ignorance.

We have a lot of new members joining right now that are valuable assets that are buying and enjoying the new bikes.

Piggy-Backing WILL BE THE FUTURE. I know of ECU's that cannot be unlocked UNLESS you open them up and use a signal injector on an internal pad and even read of one MFR that includes ECU swap in their maintenance schedule. i.e. Not even the dealer can reflash.

Overriding base ECU's can of course be done - but usually there is a persistent error recorded with most methods. This will screw up any warranty.

What I do believe is that consumer grade bypasses will either get expensive or be (basically) a load of bollocks.
More and more you'll need a GOOD TUNER who can justify the investment in the kit. And it's in the 1000's

I have to say - I find having a bike that is near impossible to modify relaxing- I just ride it. I am having more fun as a result.

ime - most "tinkerers" make things worse, not better. Because most "tinkerers" do so because it's cheaper and has kudos at the pub.
All I did was turn this screw 1/2 turn and now I have a trazillion% more power. Followed weeks later by some unexplained failure coz the mfr is a twat.
All those here doing serious mod's have a serious amount of knowledge and technical skills.

I have a neighbour across the road who falls into the home "tuner" group. His Triumph Bobber will not last long. Sad really.

I disagree with my esteemed Okie brethren. If I were to buy a 2020 Rocket, I really don't care about unlocking the ECU, The bike is awesome as is. Yes it has more potential, but I do not need that. It has a better power to weight than it processor. My issue would be the ergonomics for my body, not the extra power I wont use.

Im hearin what Sonny is saying......unleashing power is very satisfying.
For me the new Rocket is a beautiful machine...thought this from the moment i saw the first leaked photos and was excited about it being released.
As far as 'Releasing'Horsepower, im thinking someone will crack the egg somewhere down the track. In the meantime, i have learned there is a 15% tolerance in the tune on 'Triumphs' which means that you could possibly (and i stand to be corrected) play with the exhaust system or the air induction system without needing to alter the tune....but not both.
I feel that getting a proper sound coming from those 'cans' for want of a better word. will satisfy me...for now!
Thats the plan anyway when she finally arrives into my shed....soon i'm hoping.

Back