busajack

Top Fuel
Hot dang did my first link. Now tell me how many miles are left in that tire? I think its done, u guys go any further? Thanks Jack

Last edited:
A little more

Hot dang did my first link. Now tell me how many miles are left in that tire? I think its done, u guys go any further? Thanks Jack
First, great looking bike Jack. I like the paint and rear end. I am still running my rear with more wear than you are showing, but it is getting real close.

**** Busajack, one fantastic looking Rocket! Of all the Rockets I have seen on this site your's is the hotest!!! Rear tire, you have a ways yet, but no burnouts and stay off slick pavement.

tire

Thanks gang:I guess i'll replace it now rather than during riding season. Kind of worried about the clowns in this town putting the new one on,with all the horror stories going around.Anyone here tried it themselves. Jack

I take mine to a local bike shop here and they had never changed a Rocket tire before mine, they did say it was a ***** to get the bead to take, but it was not to big of a problem getting the old tire off or putting the new one on. I've read the horror stories too and was expecting the worst, but they did it... Not sure if they're looking forward to it again.. lol

Spike....huh

That is most certainly an outstanding bike you have there. It ain't no 'Busa though it's much more comfortable.

Again, nice bike.

On the tire issue, you have to be careful about who dismounts it. Most bike shops don't have the capacity to dismount and remount a motorcycle tire as big as the Rockets. I have a buddy who has his own shop and he told me flat out that his machine didn't have the capacity. My BIL BanjoBart has 2 VTX's besides the R3 and his local Honda shop screwed up his rear rim on his VTX so it pays to be careful.

You could always ship it to Tomo. He has a machine at work I am told...........:D

tire change

Being the clown that i'am i just might do a burn out till it pops then cut it off with a hacksaw ,dikes ,and small die grinder.One less thing for them to screw up.Just orderd it.Wish me luck....Jack

Back