New link pipe and spring clean

Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
Bought myself a DP link pipe and while everything was apart it gave me good access for a few hours of polishing and cleaning in the rear wheel area. Time I'd finished it was too late to fire her up but looking forward to when I do.

Attachments

• IMG_7285.JPG
    IMG_7285.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7292.JPG
    IMG_7292.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7293.JPG
    IMG_7293.JPG
    285.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7294.JPG
    IMG_7294.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7298.JPG
    IMG_7298.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7299.JPG
    IMG_7299.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 1
Bought myself a DP link pipe and while everything was apart it gave me good access for a few hours of polishing and cleaning in the rear wheel area. Time I'd finished it was too late to fire her up but looking forward to when I do.

I finally got around to taking pictures of the link pipe new and old as you requested, about to post them and see you beat me to it!

Anyway, you'll definitely notice a deeper/raspier tone.

What tune are you going to use as we have a similar setup (at least it will be when I get the ramair on!) I'm currently running the 20355 which is I believe the stock TORS map?

Hi Camulus. I thought from your write up you'd beaten me to it. Only got my pipe by chance as I didn't know they existed until you mentioned it then hours later one came up for sale.
Re "tune" I'm having a go st modifying an existing one myself so haven't run anything yet. Too late when I finished last Saturday evening.
Prior to that I was running the Tors map with RamAir but consensus on the site was to try a richer tune which I did. That tune went well but popped and banged on decel hence having a go at my own but based on it.
Will post how I get on.

Hi Camulus. I thought from your write up you'd beaten me to it. Only got my pipe by chance as I didn't know they existed until you mentioned it then hours later one came up for sale.
Re "tune" I'm having a go st modifying an existing one myself so haven't run anything yet. Too late when I finished last Saturday evening.
Prior to that I was running the Tors map with RamAir but consensus on the site was to try a richer tune which I did. That tune went well but popped and banged on decel hence having a go at my own but based on it.
Will post how I get on.

Will be interested how the tune goes, Hans0 is going to do one for me but decided to take his R3 off-roading so is a bit crook at the moment.

Go on then, round off what has been a crappy week and give me an idea of what you paid for the pipe?

Hi Hanso did my tune for me but as you say is out of action for a while. Rather than wait I've been reading up and watching videos on YouTube and am using that as a basis to tweak Hans tune. Guess it might just be my bike as several people are running that map without pops and bangs. Nothing ventured and all that.

The pipe cost me £200.

Hi Hanso did my tune for me but as you say is out of action for a while. Rather than wait I've been reading up and watching videos on YouTube and am using that as a basis to tweak Hans tune. Guess it might just be my bike as several people are running that map without pops and bangs. Nothing ventured and all that.

The pipe cost me £200.

"The pipe cost me £200."

B@ll@x

Hi Camulus,
Re the 20355 tune, that's for Rocket III Roadster / up to VIN # 574812 / Keihin ECU. Mines a 2014 Rocket III Roadster /from VIN # 574813 / Keihin ECU, the map I'm using is a 20773.

Did your bike have the 20355 on it or did you load it? Have you looked on the TuneECU site as there are standard and modified maps on there.

It already had the 20355 on it (as well as TORS but I won't go into that again!) and I did look at the website and I think this is the relevant one for my bike - however, not with the link pipe and certainly not with Ramaiar.

This is were I hope Hans0 can be of help.

Back