Anyone have links to interesting motorcycle collections?

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Birdwood in Adelaide South Australia (another reason to go to the RAT rally at Hahndorf in April) is the National Motor Museum with fantastic Motorcycle and car collections. I haven't been for nearly 30 years so another visit is overdue.

The National Motor Museum collection first began in 1964 when a motorcycle enthusiast, Jack Kaines, was told by his wife to remove his motorcycle bits and pieces from the family kitchen. The derelict flour mill buildings in Birdwood seemed the ideal location to store his collection. It was soon open to the public on weekends and accepted donations of community history objects. Fellow motoring enthusiast Len Vigar helped run the Museum until 1970 when a private company led by Gavin Sandford-Morgan purchased what was then called the Birdwood Mill Pioneer, Art and Motor Museum. In 1976 it was sold to the South Australian State Government. Since 1988 the Museum has been the responsibility of History SA and has established a reputation both nationally and internationally.

Visitors to the Museum are surprised to see so many vehicles on display - up to 400 of them across three pavilions, in addition to a restored 1920s petrol station and a selection of motoring related items.

Motorcycles | National Motor Museum

In the US the best collection in my opinion is at www.barbermuseum.org.

Another one that is popular is www.wheelsthroughtime.com.

The Barber Museum has more European bikes, including many from England and Italy .... although their US collection has improved a lot since they opened. I go every year and it's always a great walk through my childhood.

I've never been to Maggie Valley, but my Harley Friends are sure that it's the best. Must have a lot of Harley's.

In the US the best collection in my opinion is at www.barbermuseum.org.

Another one that is popular is www.wheelsthroughtime.com.

The Barber Museum has more European bikes, including many from England and Italy .... although their US collection has improved a lot since they opened. I go every year and it's always a great walk through my childhood.

I've never been to Maggie Valley, but my Harley Friends are sure that it's the best. Must have a lot of Harley's.

You beat me to it that is the exact two I was going to give, have been at both many a time they are both World class museums best to check them up on line, now Barbers you can throw your dinner on the floor and get on your knees and slurp it up, wheels thru time if I dropped my dinner on the ground it would be picked up and thrown away not that WTT is filthy I would say it is a working mans club compared to a country club.

There's the National Motorcycle Museum in Iowa, lots of bikes poorly displayed. In Solvang CA there is a small museum/display that is part of a private collection. Hours are not always as displayed and the bikes are rotated as owner repairs/rides them.

Back