License Plate and Rear Turn Signal Mod

I just rediscovered this link I had on my old browser from back "in the old daze"..

Motorcycle LED Lighting by Custom Dynamics

There is a ton of stuff on here that a creative Rocket Owner could use...
I like the look but I also like to click my saddlebags onto the bike and a side plate holder interfere mucho with said saddlebags ..unfortunately.
and for best brightest turn signal nobody does it better than motogadget m-Blaze Ice Anbaublinker im radikal neuen Design

Last edited:
Is there a license plate light?

I think I'll probably end up with the flasher brake only set up - I got these from new Bonneville for my signals

Clear and Smoke Lenses with Amber Bulbs

I put the Red LED's from superbrightlights.com in the rears and they are very bright (me, not so much) - They look much better than the ambers I believe.
I agree w/you on the safety issues. that's where most of my $$$ have gone lately :banghead:

Stay upright bother man.... ;)

Thanks bro!

Got my LED turn signal bulbs today...Not too happy with them as they are directional and the reflector on the turn signals does not reflect any light. I would only recommend a bulb like the tail light that is OMNIDIRECTIONAL...I think the LEDS turn signals are less conspicuous. Let me post up a you tube clip and you guys can decide...The leds do not utilize the reflector and look less uniform.

I will shoot some video when I am done with the rears....No headlight glare.

BTW....How do you get the tail light lens off....Please dont tell me I have to drop the rear tire!

Cheers...Greg

Thanks bro!

Got my LED turn signal bulbs today...Not too happy with them as they are directional and the reflector on the turn signals does not reflect any light. I would only recommend a bulb like the tail light that is OMNIDIRECTIONAL...I think the LEDS turn signals are less conspicuous. Let me post up a you tube clip and you guys can decide...The leds do not utilize the reflector and look less uniform.

I will shoot some video when I am done with the rears....No headlight glare.

BTW....How do you get the tail light lens off....Please dont tell me I have to drop the rear tire!

Cheers...Greg
Greg the whole tail light comes out the lens does not come off. The light can be changed from underneath without having to pull anything. If anyone wants to add one of the fancy blinker brake light like you find on New Bonneville you will have to grind out a wee but of the ID of the light to fit it in there. The multiple fancy LED tail lights are worse when it come to fitting as you have to grind out more.

I wonder if you can just get away with the license plate bracket Bull posted with Amber turn signals?

Greg the whole tail light comes out the lens does not come off. The light can be changed from underneath without having to pull anything. If anyone wants to add one of the fancy blinker brake light like you find on New Bonneville you will have to grind out a wee but of the ID of the light to fit it in there. The multiple fancy LED tail lights are worse when it come to fitting as you have to grind out more.

I wonder if you can just get away with the license plate bracket Bull posted with Amber turn signals?

Warp...I have a 1157 15mm base same base and size as the OEM...How can it be replaced from behind with that minimal clearance"

As I joked..You need the "little marco" hands or drop the wheel to change the tail light?

Warp...I have a 1157 15mm base same base and size as the OEM...How can it be replaced from behind with that minimal clearance"

As I joked..You need the "little marco" hands or drop the wheel to change the tail light?
It is a tight fit but if you jack her up and let the swing arm hang it will work. Another thing I have done which is not to much time is drop the bottom shock mounts then jack her up . The swing arm will hang even lower. the when your done slowly lower the bike back down so you can slip the shocks back on. I just use a atv jack and a 2.4 under the rear frame mount tabs to pick the rear up especially when adjusting the shock length which I will be probably be doing again since I just installed a 140/75 Avon on the front. I figure I will probably lower the rear back down to stock length or at least pull about 3 or 4 mm out of the shocks. First test ride and adjust the front then I will go from there. with any luck I will like what I have and leave it alone. The rear adjust easy but I have to pull the Corbin bags off. The front only takes a wrench and a screw driver to make the adjustments.

P8190004.JPG

It is a tight fit but if you jack her up and let the swing arm hang it will work. Another thing I have done which is not to much time is drop the bottom shock mounts then jack her up . The swing arm will hang even lower. the when your done slowly lower the bike back down so you can slip the shocks back on. I just use a atv jack and a 2.4 under the rear frame mount tabs to pick the rear up especially when adjusting the shock length which I will be probably be doing again since I just installed a 140/75 Avon on the front. I figure I will probably lower the rear back down to stock length or at least pull about 3 or 4 mm out of the shocks. First test ride and adjust the front then I will go from there. with any luck I will like what I have and leave it alone. The rear adjust easy but I have to pull the Corbin bags off. The front only takes a wrench and a screw driver to make the adjustments.

P8190004.JPG

Thanks Warp....It's the least of my probs now.....I think I smoked a starter relay etc....my battery tender cable does not have a cap and I swung it around and it hit something near the batt and a poof of smoke went up in the air....I just created a thread about it while you were posting. Net result. I have to press my starter button three times with a pause in between each press to start the bike..Time to put her on CL before I drive the board mad with my issues! This happened yesterday with a non Schumacher tender that uses a pigtail without a protective cap so the exposed pin must have shorted something out but just enough to require three presses of the starter button to get it to start....

Screw Autolites tenders as this is the, as FRED SANFORD SEZ, the BIG ONE! Can not ride her anywhere as I do not want to have the bike stranded a hundred miles from home if she won't start.

Sorry about the thread hijack.....So many mods to still put on a bike that may not start tomorrow.....

The law Here in WA.: "The lamp showing to the rear shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable, and, when signaling, shall emit a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber."
I thought it was a 12" separation - guess my license plate sigs are legal?!?!?

Another interesting tidbit I learned is that rear stop lights must be visible in normal daylight at not less than 300 feet. Yet turn signals must be visible in normal daylight at not less than 500 feet.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

The law Here in WA.: "The lamp showing to the rear shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable, and, when signaling, shall emit a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber."
I thought it was a 12" separation - guess my license plate sigs are legal?!?!?

Another interesting tidbit I learned is that rear stop lights must be visible in normal daylight at not less than 300 feet. Yet turn signals must be visible in normal daylight at not less than 500 feet.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Super Trooper.....

Now that you guys are all smoking weed in WA I thought there were no laws?

Back