License Plate and Rear Turn Signal Mod

Looks great...I got my bracket and went to look at what it would take to get the old one off and move the tail lights and said Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.....!

The wires for the brake and signals are clipped to the bottom of the fender..This looks like a massive project to do and I have a R3C so no hardcases...

How long did it take you to do and did you remove your rear wheel to do it.

I will wait for my next tire change if so...That is to much work just to move the bracket up 2" and the lights in 3".

Thanks!

G

Greg,
Since you said "I will wait for my next tire change" did you sort out your rear tire "hop" ? Since you have the Flip paddock stand, just drop the rear wheel/tire outta your way to access the wires, loosen the rear bracket that the plate bracket is under to give some clearance for the studs on the plate brkt. gently pry the fender bracket away from studs, cuss some, cuss some more, tug a little & it will come out - the wires have quit a few holding fingers but they bend out very easy ;)

I agree I just wanted to know what frame it is? It looks to have a light built in? I think it's made by Kuryakin possibly. I kinda like the look. I would want black obviously

Sorry man. I wasn't wearing my reading glasses and didn't notice the frame. Yes that does look much better with the chrome frame/light, not just the plate bolted to the fender.

Greg,
Since you said "I will wait for my next tire change" did you sort out your rear tire "hop" ? Since you have the Flip paddock stand, just drop the rear wheel/tire outta your way to access the wires, loosen the rear bracket that the plate bracket is under to give some clearance for the studs on the plate brkt. gently pry the fender bracket away from studs, cuss some, cuss some more, tug a little & it will come out - the wires have quit a few holding fingers but they bend out very easy ;)

Hey Tex....

Whazz up?

On the rear tire....Not sure.....i showed it to a hardcore wing rider with 475K miles of riding and he says its no big deal as the tire is seated(he checked the beads) and said since I was not feeling any vibration just to air it up to 60lbs and let it sit. I did that and that knocked out most of the run out....It looks to be withing the radial run out now so Phil was probably right either I got a bum tire with a slight flat spot on or it was not seated right.....

Now it seems alot better so I am gonna ride it now that most of the run out ran off.....

Are you saying you have to drop the tire to install this bracket?

I am having a senior moment day....That would make sense as those wires are not accessible and I need to route some hyperlight brake/turn/running led wires for my 3 way LED that will mount to this....

Did you get your AFR+ or RAMAIR....I got my AFR+..just waiting on the RAMAIR to drop some major F bombs...Going to run stock exhaust for a while...This Triumph is a black hole sucking the money out of me...RAMAIR, DP AFR+, NEW LED HEADLAMPS, New LED HYPERLITE 3 ways, Stand ...yada yada....The sucking sound is cash flying into this bike not the whoosh of the induction.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Cheers....G

Hey Tex....

Whazz up?

On the rear tire....Not sure.....i showed it to a hardcore wing rider with 475K miles of riding and he says its no big deal as the tire is seated(he checked the beads) and said since I was not feeling any vibration just to air it up to 60lbs and let it sit. I did that and that knocked out most of the run out....It looks to be withing the radial run out now so Phil was probably right either I got a bum tire with a slight flat spot on or it was not seated right.....

Now it seems alot better so I am gonna ride it now that most of the run out ran off.....

Are you saying you have to drop the tire to install this bracket?

I am having a senior moment day....That would make sense as those wires are not accessible and I need to route some hyperlight brake/turn/running led wires for my 3 way LED that will mount to this....

Did you get your AFR+ or RAMAIR....I got my AFR+..just waiting on the RAMAIR to drop some major F bombs...Going to run stock exhaust for a while...This Triumph is a black hole sucking the money out of me...RAMAIR, DP AFR+, NEW LED HEADLAMPS, New LED HYPERLITE 3 ways, Stand ...yada yada....The sucking sound is cash flying into this bike not the whoosh of the induction.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Cheers....G

Hey G,
You don't have to drop it if you got little ole bitty prayin mantis hands, but if not it gives you room to get those Donald Trump hands in there, especially the wires up through the fender. it's not really that hard, just takes a little time & patience..... A beer or three. No biggie

I backed out on the Ram Air thing. Uploaded the 20050 tune @dougl suggested & I like that for now.
Like you, I have thrown way too much denero $$$$$$$$$$$$ at this beast lately... Need to take a breath.

I really want to see your light setup, I'm wanting to do the same. I'm just kinda iffy about the flashing hyper brake light, but not the original flashing with it. Are you gonna keep original signal lamps? I wondered if they would flash with the hypers on the brake flash mode???????

Have a good one
Clint

Hey G,
You don't have to drop it if you got little ole bitty prayin mantis hands, but if not it gives you room to get those Donald Trump hands in there, especially the wires up through the fender. it's not really that hard, just takes a little time & patience..... A beer or three. No biggie

I backed out on the Ram Air thing. Uploaded the 20050 tune @dougl suggested & I like that for now.
Like you, I have thrown way too much denero $$$$$$$$$$$$ at this beast lately... Need to take a breath.

I really want to see your light setup, I'm wanting to do the same. I'm just kinda iffy about the flashing hyper brake light, but not the original flashing with it. Are you gonna keep original signal lamps? I
wondered if they would flash with the hypers on the brake flash mode???????

Have a good one
Clint

Too funny on the Trump hand statement! Ya need the "little Marco" hands to do it with the wheel up!

I am doing a total LED conversion.

Here are the Cyclops H4 3800's for 59 a piece x 2...That does the headlamps....118 bucks...

Cyclops Adventure Sports LED Headlight Bulb H4 - 3800 Lumen | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Here is the Hyperlite 3 way Turn/Stop/Running that goes on the "drop the wheel plate holder" 115 shipped with the bracket.

3way all in one running light brake light turn signals

The LED Tail lamp(RED) and 4 turn signals(AMBER) I bought from Superbrightleds for like 43 shipped
I got an extra turn signal as Murphy's law is a BIIATCH!

5 67-A15: Amber 4.95
1 1157-R45-T: 1157 Red 14.88
SubTotal: $39.63
Shipping: $3.74
TOTAL: $43.37

You will need a flasher relay for that for 12 bucks or the LEDs will flash fast...It's 13 dollars at Auto Zone or you can order it from Amazon...If you get amazons..the brand is Tridon. If from Autozone...Novita...

Novita/Turn Signal Flasher EP35 - Read Reviews on Novita #EP35

So conspicuity is the name of the GAME and the Hyperlites I have had on EVERY BIKE...Getting hit from behind at a stop light by a SMS'sing idiot is a real threat....I got the MAC DADDY setup..You can get a single brake flasher LED array for 43 that will be unobtrusive and not a ^%$#*%^# to install like mine and really save your life-literally.

Waiting on the RAMAIR and have the AFR+(the Royal Post lost my RAMAIR so another was dispatched) PIP PIP and I am awaiting that to tear the bike apart in one big project cause you got to collate the F Bombs....I do not drink and this is not Colorado so there is no way to self medicate these Triumph mod jobs....Conspicuity projects are TOTALLY WORTH IT IMHO......

So there is my run down.

I am not sure what diff the LED bulbs will make in the Turn signals as they are only 70 lumens-but they pull 1 watt so I am into energy conservation...The LED head lamps pull 20/ 30 I think on Low/High...Not spending the crazy 385 per sealed lamp JandW EVO 6730...Not doing 770 dollar mod for headlamps....118 is another story for the Cyclops bulb mod....Any way.....thanks for the down low on the fender and good for you for keeping it simple. These mods are a means to an end in themselves.....

Cheers...G

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for the OEM connectors for the Tail Light and Turn Signals, I have just identified these

The type used for the tail light application is a TE Connectivity/Amp 0.070 Multilock connector

rocket TailConnectors.jpg

RocketTail2.jpg

(you will also need terminals for those - part number depending on wire size you want to use)

The type used for the Turn Signal Connectors is a Delphi Metri-Pack 150 series connector

rocket_turn_connectors.jpg

(again you need the terminals for these - part number depending on wire size you want to use)

Last edited:
Too funny on the Trump hand statement! Ya need the "little Marco" hands to do it with the wheel up!

I am doing a total LED conversion.

Here are the Cyclops H4 3800's for 59 a piece x 2...That does the headlamps....118 bucks...

Cyclops Adventure Sports LED Headlight Bulb H4 - 3800 Lumen | UTV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Here is the Hyperlite 3 way Turn/Stop/Running that goes on the "drop the wheel plate holder" 115 shipped with the bracket.

3way all in one running light brake light turn signals

The LED Tail lamp(RED) and 4 turn signals(AMBER) I bought from Superbrightleds for like 43 shipped
I got an extra turn signal as Murphy's law is a BIIATCH!

5 67-A15: Amber 4.95
1 1157-R45-T: 1157 Red 14.88
SubTotal: $39.63
Shipping: $3.74
TOTAL: $43.37

You will need a flasher relay for that for 12 bucks or the LEDs will flash fast...It's 13 dollars at Auto Zone or you can order it from Amazon...If you get amazons..the brand is Tridon. If from Autozone...Novita...

Novita/Turn Signal Flasher EP35 - Read Reviews on Novita #EP35

So conspicuity is the name of the GAME and the Hyperlites I have had on EVERY BIKE...Getting hit from behind at a stop light by a SMS'sing idiot is a real threat....I got the MAC DADDY setup..You can get a single brake flasher LED array for 43 that will be unobtrusive and not a ^%$#*%^# to install like mine and really save your life-literally.

Waiting on the RAMAIR and have the AFR+(the Royal Post lost my RAMAIR so another was dispatched) PIP PIP and I am awaiting that to tear the bike apart in one big project cause you got to collate the F Bombs....I do not drink and this is not Colorado so there is no way to self medicate these Triumph mod jobs....Conspicuity projects are TOTALLY WORTH IT IMHO......

So there is my run down.

I am not sure what diff the LED bulbs will make in the Turn signals as they are only 70 lumens-but they pull 1 watt so I am into energy conservation...The LED head lamps pull 20/ 30 I think on Low/High...Not spending the crazy 385 per sealed lamp JandW EVO 6730...Not doing 770 dollar mod for headlamps....118 is another story for the Cyclops bulb mod....Any way.....thanks for the down low on the fender and good for you for keeping it simple. These mods are a means to an end in themselves.....

Cheers...G

I think I'll probably end up with the flasher brake only set up - I got these from new Bonneville for my signals

Clear and Smoke Lenses with Amber Bulbs

I put the Red LED's from superbrightlights.com in the rears and they are very bright (me, not so much) - They look much better than the ambers I believe.
I agree w/you on the safety issues. that's where most of my $$$ have gone lately :banghead:

Stay upright bother man.... ;)

Back