Thanks for the photos, all. Some interesting things here. This matters to us because we are not sure about the flat black on our '11 Roadster. We may get a custom paint job, but likely would not do anything radical. Wondering about some sort of combo of the flat and phantom black with pinstriping separating the two. Perhaps use the pattern of the two tone Rockets of earlier year models. It would be subtle, we think, but might look really good. Things to ponder...

We trudge on.

Not a bad idea, I actually see it that way and use a Kameleon Gold to Magenta (light red) Red to gold, or the gold to sivler as the pinstriping. It would set the two blacks of nicely and yet look different from every angle.

Here is a link to pictures of the colors

House of Kolor Speedshapes - Preperation & Undercoat

Their at the bottom of the page.

Of course you already have the require black base coat so doing a total Kameleon would look nice also. But I am kind of partial to the changing colors.

Off topic but what seat is that on the Triumph painted, yellow colored bike, i love that seat. Paint is great also.

Thanks for the photos, all. Some interesting things here. This matters to us because we are not sure about the flat black on our '11 Roadster. We may get a custom paint job, but likely would not do anything radical. Wondering about some sort of combo of the flat and phantom black with pinstriping separating the two. Perhaps use the pattern of the two tone Rockets of earlier year models. It would be subtle, we think, but might look really good. Things to ponder...

We trudge on.

That could look really good. I think HD did something like that on some of the Night Rod Specials so might get some inspiration there.

Yep gonna be in Packwood. Have I used my first name enough that people know me by Steve now??

Cool,
Steve

Happy to call you Steve, young fella, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to Scowherd's bike. ;)
And that's not taking anything away from your masterpiece, by the way.

Off topic but what seat is that on the Triumph painted, yellow colored bike, i love that seat. Paint is great also.
Yes it's a leather Russel day long (great seat)
Thanks paint is trick really pops in the sun, as does the sparkle in the engine powdercoat.
But probably too bright for some, but I did it for ME :)

Great paint jobs, Shame about the ridiculous massive rear licence plate's that the Brits are forced to have on their machines, probably would almost stop a bonneville in a strong headwind with the resistance.:rolleyes:

Back