Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Just installed my Kuryakyn LED voltmeter. This is the 2nd ride I've installed this little gem on. I have always wanted a voltmeter to warn me of a potential charging system failure letting me get to a service station rather than have the bike quit on the road in the middle of nowhere and that's pretty much everywhere up here.

The LEDs light up brightly during the day and switch to a much dimmer mode at night. Not a lot of glare to distract you. The LEDs will flash brightly when the voltage drops too low or gets too high warning you of a problem. Multi coloured. Green is good.

The only issue I've had with these voltmeters is the fact that they aren't perfectly water proof. I had to pop the plastic cover on my first one and seal it with silicone. After that it went for 50,000 kms and was still working when I sold my ride. On my Rocket, the first one I installed failed due to water. I hadn't sealed it. The dealer exchanged it for me for a new unit and I sealed this one.

I mounted it to a little aluminium bracket I made from a computer hard drive bracket. Painted it then siliconed it to the heated grip switch mount. Ran the wires to the left handlebar switch housing for power and ground.

IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG
IMG_2717.JPG

Good effort.

I fancy a voltmeter but wondered about mounting etc. Still trying to decide between something like that or a more traditional gauge style.

Back