Blairbiker

Knight of the road
Ride
Triumph Rocket GT
i was thinking about fitting some Kreiga bags on my GT, but i cant see how it would work as you would have to remove the rear bodywork to get under the pillion seat as that's where the straps would bolt. then the straps would have to come out at the bottom of the rear fairing which wouldn't be any use. or am i missing something?

If you have the oem side brackets for their ****ty bags you can use those kriega loops meant to bolt onto dirt bikes.

Those nylon loops can be attached to the bracket by replacing a screw with a longer one. I'll post photos after work. I've been able to securely carry the us30 that way.

PXL_20210530_173201407.jpg
PXL_20210530_170908474.jpg

I actually just bought their 30L bag for a weekend road trip last week. I struggled a little bit at first for attachment points, initially thinking like you to remove the fender stuff so I could get the straps under the metal supports (under the pillion). Then I decided to simply use the GT back support bars (right below the back support) for the rear straps. I wrapped them nice and tight around those supports and just rolled up and zip-tied the excess strap (for now until I decide to cut it nice and short).

For the forward straps, I dropped them down under the main seat and wrapped them around the silver sub frame directly below your butt (and right above the rear foot pegs). I had to extend the straps to nearly their full length, but they come out the side of the main seat and are far enough back that my butt doesn't interfere with them. They are completely hidden by the side panel body work at that location and also fold back under the seat when not in use to be completely invisible.

The bag was extremely secure for the long ride and turned out to be a very nice lower back support. I'm very happy with the end result, the only minor down-side being that the rear straps are exposed when not in use (unless you take them off every time) and have the possibility to show some wear marks on that brushed aluminum back rest supports. Personally, they're are small enough and blend in with the black body work well enough to not bother me.

i emailed Kreiga and they have said they have a mounting plate that fixes on to the rear of the seat..makes sense now!
kreiga fitting.JPG

Heres a picture of them on another bike,no straps that can touch any bodywork which is what i was looking for

i emailed Kreiga and they have said they have a mounting plate that fixes on to the rear of the seat..makes sense now!
kreiga fitting.JPG

Heres a picture of them on another bike,no straps that can touch any bodywork which is what i was looking for
krega on bike.JPG
Were those mounting plates included in the hardware?

Gonna have to check my box

Were those mounting plates included in the hardware?

Gonna have to check my box
i don't think they will be, as the mounting plate is made specifically for the Rocket GT. i imagine you will have to get them from a Kriega dealer. the guy that sent me the info is a British dealer but I'm sure some of the American dealers will have the bracket..EDIT just had a look at my seat and it seems the bracket is there ,just needs a washer for the rear straps (which have to be a custom size to fit the Rocket

Last edited:
I actually just bought their 30L bag for a weekend road trip last week. I struggled a little bit at first for attachment points, initially thinking like you to remove the fender stuff so I could get the straps under the metal supports (under the pillion). Then I decided to simply use the GT back support bars (right below the back support) for the rear straps. I wrapped them nice and tight around those supports and just rolled up and zip-tied the excess strap (for now until I decide to cut it nice and short).

For the forward straps, I dropped them down under the main seat and wrapped them around the silver sub frame directly below your butt (and right above the rear foot pegs). I had to extend the straps to nearly their full length, but they come out the side of the main seat and are far enough back that my butt doesn't interfere with them. They are completely hidden by the side panel body work at that location and also fold back under the seat when not in use to be completely invisible.

The bag was extremely secure for the long ride and turned out to be a very nice lower back support. I'm very happy with the end result, the only minor down-side being that the rear straps are exposed when not in use (unless you take them off every time) and have the possibility to show some wear marks on that brushed aluminum back rest supports. Personally, they're are small enough and blend in with the black body work well enough to not bother me.
Have just bought the same - would you have any pictures?

Back