Ok, anyone want to send me a copy of the operating instructions? I installed the DEcosse’s keyless system last year and it works perfectly. I am getting my bike ready for the upcoming season but I don't always want my lights etc. to come on when I walk up to my bike and now I misplaced my operating instructions, anyone want to help?... please :thumbsdown::banghead:

Ok, anyone want to send me a copy of the operating instructions? I installed the DEcosse’s keyless system last year and it works perfectly. I am getting my bike ready for the upcoming season but I don't always want my lights etc. to come on when I walk up to my bike and now I misplaced my operating instructions, anyone want to help?... please :thumbsdown::banghead:

@DEcosse Should be able to assist. If you bought it from him, he usually sends the instructions in email.

... I am getting my bike ready for the upcoming season but I don't always want my lights etc. to come on when I walk up to my bike ...

That is not normal - if it is turning on immediately as soon as remote in range, your clutch switch must be shorted out - that typically happens when it gets water in it - from washing most commonly or if it has been sat out in really wet weather. You can validate that is the issue by disconnecting the wire at the PosiTap (which comes from the Clutch Switch) - if it no longer comes on with the wire disconnected from the tap, that proves the switch is the problem

I got the water in the clutch switch issue before a few times so I moved the brown wire to a momentary push switch switching it to ground. This now switches on the ignition for me from the disarmed red alarm light on state.

That is not normal - if it is turning on immediately as soon as remote in range, your clutch switch must be shorted out - that typically happens when it gets water in it - from washing most commonly or if it has been sat out in really wet weather. You can validate that is the issue by disconnecting the wire at the PosiTap (which comes from the Clutch Switch) - if it no longer comes on with the wire disconnected from the tap, that proves the switch is the problem

Yep, I had same problem with mine when installed. We checked the clutch switch, then removed it from the clutch perch and it works as intended. Refit and problem returns.
@Mittzy finally figured it out at last year's RDU that it was the little locking barbs on the side of the switch. One had broken allowing movement of the switch in housing and reduced pressure on switch spring but only when fitted.

Back