From the User's Manual Page 26

Immobiliser/Alarm Indicator Light

This Triumph motorcycle is fitted with an engine immobiliser which is activated when the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position.

Without Alarm Fitted
When the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position, the immobiliser light will flash on and off for 24 hours to show that the engine immobiliser is on. When the ignition switch is turned to the ON position the immobiliser and the indicator light will be off. If the indicator light remains on it indicates that the immobiliser has a malfunction that requires investigation.

Contact an authorised Triumph dealer as soon as possible to have the fault checked and rectified.

Clever wording!!

Here's the scenario (or a few) that I am unsure of and would like to know for those of you who have the opportunity to test it out (as it is still -10C with snow on the roads here)!

1 - Keyfob is green, bike starts, turn keyfob to red - Does the bike shut off?

2 - Keyfob is green, bike starts, bike rides off, keyfob stays behind - Does the bike shut off?

I have some theories that say no because of safety but this really is insecure, as someone could jump on your bike while you were in proximity (paying for gas or something) and be off.

Thanks in advance you lucky fellows who have nice weather enough to try this for me!!!

Start bike.
Remove fob battery.
Go for ride.
Stop, shut down engine, try to re start . . .

Almost every car and bike I have owned has had an anti-theft and immobilizer device installed. It is called a lock and key. When insurance companies ask if the vehicle has an anti-theft device I always say "yes".

I've had the issue with the fob losing connection while riding as well. My dealer did a re-program of it to the bike yesterday. It didn't lose connection on the way home but we'll see. They said they had seen it on other rockets as well so sounds like a defect to me.

I've had the issue with the fob losing connection while riding as well. My dealer did a re-program of it to the bike yesterday. It didn't lose connection on the way home but we'll see. They said they had seen it on other rockets as well so sounds like a defect to me.
Mine did it again today. And the engine stopped at the lights just afterwards. It did that last time, but I thought maybe it was just me. But I don’t stall bikes, and not twice in consecutive rides.
If you don’t kill the ignition. You can just re-start it again. If you kill the ignition, it refuses to restart - you have to get the key out and press the button on it before it will go again.

It seems to happen 30-40 minutes into a ride.

I guess this is karma after so many people said they didn’t like it, and I said it would be fine :/

I dont know which pocket you are carrying the fob in but the best location is the left pocket I have found. Seems to work pretty good.
I had a lost connection with the key in my left pants pocket. I also had some other articles in that pocket. After removing all except the key...all has worked fine.

How come triumph only gives 1 fob with the bike?
I'd assume as cars you will get 2 sets as spare..
What's the procedure to start the bike If fob battery is flat?
Underneath the rear fender on the left side, you can feel two small bumps. You hold the ‘dead’ key between those two bumps and the bike will start.

Back