Not sure what bit you don’t get. If you run your hand underneath the seat, you can feel two small markers in the plastic. Behind that is a near field reader that can detect the key, even if the battery in the key is dead. So you hold the key fob between the two markers under the seat, and the engine can be started.

If that’s not clear enough I need to know which bit is causing the confusion.

Not sure what bit you don’t get. If you run your hand underneath the seat, you can feel two small markers in the plastic. Behind that is a near field reader that can detect the key, even if the battery in the key is dead. So you hold the key fob between the two markers under the seat, and the engine can be started.

thanks for the clarification, but @1olbull ws implying something else…:roll:

Sounds much better.
It read "under the fender" and I couldn't see how that would work.
Thanx!

I've had the issue with the fob losing connection while riding as well. My dealer did a re-program of it to the bike yesterday. It didn't lose connection on the way home but we'll see. They said they had seen it on other rockets as well so sounds like a defect to me.
Same issue with mine. comes and goes

Interesting....

Also, with the bike running, I turned the KeyFob from Green to Red, and the bike shut down with the kickstand down and not in motion....
Same issue - I think the bluetooth and key/immobilizer modules are CRAP! Triumph did not get electronics right yet...

Twice now, I had the ‘key out of range’ come up whilst riding. Key is in my pocket (same place as with Diavels for 4 years)
Not ideal. Not sure what the implication is.
Is your fob on same side of your body as your cell phone/ blue tooth ear buds? If so change. Electronics could interfere with fob.
My fob works fobulously,sorry, since dealer "flashed" software for months. One day I forgot and put fob on same side as cell phone, would not fire up immediately. Got out of range signal. Did not happen again when separated.

A little late but I researched this as I am buying a Rocket 3 GT shortly so thought I'd give a little more clarity to those that come after me,
This is explained in the manual, p64. To turn the motorcycle on with the standard key (or the smart key if the battery is discharged):
• Hold the standard key on the system sensor located on the left hand side of the motorcycle.
• The standard key must be held against the system sensor while pressing the Engine Start/Stop switch in either the QUICK START or Power ON/OFF position.

Back