I definitely think so too. Especially at the price difference between this and the Kaoko.
I had to readjust mine after the first few weeks because it loosened up a little (may have been my own fault on install). After that I have had many months with zero issues. Don't really need to adjust the tension on the fly. Once it's set, that's it. click ON, click OFF, or tap the front brakes. You can adjust where the release hits on the brakes, I have mine set VERY sensitive so if I even tap the brakes it kicks off.
I'll feel a lot safer for the small difference in price, plus I'll be in Portland for St Paddy's day and can pick one up right at the factory.

You should have called me. :D

I grew up outside of Sacramento in Carmichael and have ridden down to visit family and tour northern California many times since 2003.

I bought my first Rocket in Pensacola in 2007 and rode it home to our home in Port Orchard. I was wishing all the way that it had cruise control and ordered a Throttlemeister as soon as I got home. It made touring on my Rocket so much more pleasant. Fortunately the Touring I have now has cruise. Now if only this #$&%^@!^*! rotten weather would get better I could get out riding and enjoy it.

For the moderator: I was a crytologist in the Navy and only one of us can break the above expletive code. :cool:
The bike was in Placerville. I'm 63 and have been riding since the early 70's. Last 15 or so Sport Tourers. This was a completely different beast and being a rural guy, pretty intense (for me) going through downtown Sacramento. Once I got through that traffic, it was a pretty enjoyable trip home.

The bike was in Placerville. I'm 63 and have been riding since the early 70's. Last 15 or so Sport Tourers. This was a completely different beast and being a rural guy, pretty intense (for me) going through downtown Sacramento. Once I got through that traffic, it was a pretty enjoyable trip home.

Dang Bill but how did you get into down town Sacramento when the bike was in Placerville, or Hangtown as it used to be known back in the day? Never mind. I think is is probably a good story.

Just another endorsement of the Brake-Away product: I've got one on my Roadliner and love it. One of the first mods I will do to the R3T when she finally gets here from California.

Just installed one of these Kaoko throttle locks on my Rocket, after a 200 Mile ride yesterday I am pretty sure this is going to have to go! Maybe if I wore gloves it would work out better! The thing has no sharp edges, but drives me crazy rubbing on the side of my hand. It works and looks good, Just not for me!

Just installed one of these Kaoko throttle locks on my Rocket, after a 200 Mile ride yesterday I am pretty sure this is going to have to go! Maybe if I wore gloves it would work out better! The thing has no sharp edges, but drives me crazy rubbing on the side of my hand. It works and looks good, Just not for me!
The BrakeAway is a GREAT product.

Back