WildBill

.060 Over
Ride
'13 Rocket 3 Touring,'98 Trident 900,'06 Scrambler
Riding out to the midwest this coming June to meet up with some friends and do some riding in Minnesota and Ontario. Unfortunately, living here on the Washington/Idaho border, that entails riding through long, boring stretches of eastern Montana and North Dakota. I've been looking at throttle locks and the Kaoko throttle lock looks to be what I'm after. Anyone here fitted one?

One day I may get an actual McCruise electronic cruise control system; but until then I've used a simple $20 GoCruise throttle lock for the past 10 years without issue.
-MIG
Yeah, I would really like a McCriuse. Lotta money. A guy at work has a GoCruise on his '08 R3 Classic. It's cheap and effective he says, but I personally hate the look of it. But...I may end up with one for this trip.

I had a kaoko on my previous Rocket. Easy install, worked great. Will be installing another on current Rocket when I change out the bars ;)

MC Cruise for me....plan to order later this month! Throttle locks a waste in mountainous areas....

I remember reading a thread sometime ago about a throttle lock design made out of a couple washers from the hardware store. I don't remember the particulars. I do remember everybody talking pretty good about the setup. (super cheap)

MC Cruise for me....plan to order later this month! Throttle locks a waste in mountainous areas....
Yes, I agree that a throttle lock would be worthless in mountains, but if you've ever ridden through eastern Montana or North Dakota, you'd get why I want one. 400 plus mile days of boring flat road riding. Although I'm sure this R3Touring will make it much more pleasant than my old sport tourer.

Yes, I agree that a throttle lock would be worthless in mountains, but if you've ever ridden through eastern Montana or North Dakota, you'd get why I want one. 400 plus mile days of boring flat road riding. Although I'm sure this R3Touring will make it much more pleasant than my old sport tourer.
Yep you can sit astride the R3T all day and not be a bundle of cramps at the end! With some kind of cruise control whatever it be, so long as it does the job, makes it even better!

Back