Ron

Air Cav!
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
I am sure this has been addressed in this forum before, but...well, I can't seem to find it!
Does anyone have any recommendations for a self installed throttle lock device that actually, safely, gives some degree of holding the throttle in place. I have arthritis in my throttle hand, and after about 100 miles, my hand feels like its been stepped on by an elephant! I am certainly not ready to give up riding yet! I have been riding since I was 8 or 9 years old...I am now 69; much to young to stop!
Thanks for your recommendations!

I am sure this has been addressed in this forum before, but...well, I can't seem to find it!
Does anyone have any recommendations for a self installed throttle lock device that actually, safely, gives some degree of holding the throttle in place. I have arthritis in my throttle hand, and after about 100 miles, my hand feels like its been stepped on by an elephant! I am certainly not ready to give up riding yet! I have been riding since I was 8 or 9 years old...I am now 69; much to young to stop!
And here I am worried that I have just ordered a Rocket 3R at 64 years old

I found a cheap plastic cramp buster helped me tremendously.

I use a combo of two things. I use a a set of grips that have something like a throttle rocker built in ( Throttle Rocker – Motorcycle Cruise Control and Assist ) and also a simple throttle lock ( ). Between the two of them I can rest my hand often enough fatigue and pain does not become an issue. The heel of the hand device is the best, it allows you to use downward pressure of your hand to maintain speed.

bob

I use a combo of two things. I use a a set of grips that have something like a throttle rocker built in ( Throttle Rocker – Motorcycle Cruise Control and Assist ) and also a simple throttle lock ( ). Between the two of them I can rest my hand often enough fatigue and pain does not become an issue. The heel of the hand device is the best, it allows you to use downward pressure of your hand to maintain speed.

bob
Thanks for the links! I have one of those Throttle Rockers and it does help a bit!

I think the best throttle lock short of a full blown cruise control is the BrakeAway. Easy to install and works great. You can use the search function on this site to see some of the guys write-ups. I see you're from ND. I ride my Touring out there and to Saskatchewan. There's a lot of empty miles between here and there and the BrakeAway does a good job for me. It's definitely worth looking into.

Back