K&N RU 1700s

Pig9r

Living Legend
Alright whoever said these would fit under the bearclaw is either a magician or full of crap because I just wasted $80 in buying a set and trying to get them to fit. Only about 3 inches too tall on the rear throttle body.

BTW anyone want to buy 3 unused K&N RU 1700s cheap? Or could someone that has them fitted give some pointers?

Toystoretom said:
Will they make my lawn mower go faster???
:roll:
gotta admit p9r, that was funny. i gotta ask ya why don't you do a ram set up like that red r3 from the guys in oz that make the seats.
that to me looks great and it seems like it would eliminate all the fuss.
hey tom took your advise and i'm have illusionmotorcycles make me a custom header set and exhaust. these guys look like hells angels poster children but man they can make some great stuff and they are totally stoked on getting their hands on the r3. i'm down to either 2 pipes one side and a apron (ala drrocket) to cover the starter area and give me a cool place for some air horns, or... 2 pipes on each side. either way this thing is gonna look different from the rest.

no problemo tom...collecting parts from ebay for some other ideas i have.. darn if only work, eating, sleep, gf and kicking the cat didn't take up so much time.

Pig9r said:
Alright whoever said these would fit under the bearclaw is either a magician or full of crap because I just wasted $80 in buying a set and trying to get them to fit. Only about 3 inches too tall on the rear throttle body.

BTW anyone want to buy 3 unused K&N RU 1700s cheap? Or could someone that has them fitted give some pointers?
How about RU-2780?

Pig9r said:

By the way, did you take the manifold out? Is that a pain in the butt or what?

By the way, did you take the manifold out? Is that a pain in the butt or what?

Yes I did and that is why I am so pissed. There is no way I am going to get that back in there without dropping the f'n engine.

Do you know for certain that the 2780's fit or should I just order one this time? (See I'm not as dumb as I seem)

Pig9r said:
Yes I did and that is why I am so pissed. There is no way I am going to get that back in there without dropping the f'n engine.

Do you know for certain that the 2780's fit or should I just order one this time? (See I'm not as dumb as I seem)

Absolutely not. In fact I'm on the K&N site now looking at diameters.

Did you measure the outside diameter of the throttle body? The ID for the ru-2780 is 2.438 in (62 mm). I found on the web that the throttle bodies are 52 mm (2.047 in). If this is true, then they won't fit. The RU-1700 is 57 mm. Did it fit snug?

I think Miami Dave looked at flows but if the 3 separate filters don't have more flow than the under tank filter (TB-2204), what's the point? I'd like to get data from K&N on flows?

Back