JW Speaker Adaptive 1 Find

I have been searching for a set of JW Speaker Adaptive headlights for about 9 months. Sticker price is just to much for my budget. Been watching Ebay sellers and others but no big discounts. Then I noticed Adaptive 1 models for Harley Road Glide listed by 2 ebay stores for less then 1/2 price. The Road Glide lights come from JW as an assembly. 2 - 5 3/4" lights pre-mounted in a plastic housing. So I'm looking at this assembly and wondering, Why can't I disassemble the unit and use the Lights. Surly they must be the standard 5 3/4 " LEDs. So I called JW and talked to a young man about my idea. After a little research on his part he said he thought it would work. I ordered a set, took it apart and sure enough they fit in my buckets. I have a 2007 Tourer with 2- 5 3/4" units. I believe it is the same as the Roaster. Any how I paid $387 with tax free shipping. Very happy with the price but remember these are Adaptive 1 not 2. The Adaptive feature only works on low beam.
View attachment 85886 IMG_3813.JPG IMG_3812.JPG IMG_3822.JPG
i got some too but what do you do with the red wire just leave it? also what did you do with the parking lights?

i got some too but what do you do with the red wire just leave it? also what did you do with the parking lights?
The red wire I believe is included to meet Europoean standards. I think they say its for a "marker light". I just taped it off and left inside. I pulled the tiny bulb out of the stock lights and left the connector inside as well. Be careful, if you smash the light in and it puts pressure on the connector, it can squeeze the contact points together inside and cause a fault and you'll blow the fuse.

So I've been able to test them out a few nights and I'm very happy with them. The adaptive feature works very well so I assume they are authentic. I had Wisamics with halos before, but these light up the road better and more thoroughly, then combined with the adaptive feature, make them a much better choice for night riding. The Wisamic halos are better for standing out to other drivers, but they just dont put out quite as much light on the road. One thing I'll add, I dont know if it's totally worth it to spend the extra on the 2nd version (with high beam adaptive) if you are on the fence about it. Especially if you're already running accessory lights. 370 is a great price for the 1st version, and autoplicity has a good deal on the upgraded version as well.

Attachments

• 20200217_172534.jpg
    20200217_172534.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 12
Back