Jards and Stock Filter - 2008 R3

Shouldn't be that bad. I went to about 30mpg. You do have the triple filters? Do you have the dynojet O2 bypass?

I'll find another tune for you. If this is the set up you are going to stick with, you might want to get a dyno tune.

Yep, fitted the triple K&N's yesterday, and I do have the Dynojet 02 bypass. This will be the setup I'm sticking with. Love the power, sound and even the extra luggage space under the seat :)

Does anyone know of a place with a dyno that knows how to use Tuneboy in Arizona?

Thanks!

Mark

K&N

Might try Daytona carb filters. They work better, sound better, are chrome, and clean easier.
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute

Just find someone with a dynojet dyno (just about every motorcycle shop) and rent my PCIII to do a custom tune. Then you import the PCIII map into Tuneboy and disconnect the PCIII.

Just find someone with a dynojet dyno (just about every motorcycle shop) and rent my PCIII to do a custom tune. Then you import the PCIII map into Tuneboy and disconnect the PCIII.

Ok, thanks. There are a couple of dealers here in town with Dynojet dyno's so how do I go about renting your PCIII please?

Thanks,

Mark

There's a guy in Mesa with a dyno, kind of pricey though. ECS Dyno used to have great rates but they seem to closed up shop.

My mileage dropped from a bit over 40 to the mid 30's but, mine's an R3T so tunes are different. I'm not aware of anyone with any Tuneboy experience locally. If you get a dyno run, and the bike is running too rich, you could send the dyno sheet to Wayne and he will tweak the tune for you. Or you could take Pig9R up on his offer and get it exactly right.

There's a guy in Mesa with a dyno, kind of pricey though. ECS Dyno used to have great rates but they seem to closed up shop.

My mileage dropped from a bit over 40 to the mid 30's but, mine's an R3T so tunes are different. I'm not aware of anyone with any Tuneboy experience locally. If you get a dyno run, and the bike is running too rich, you could send the dyno sheet to Wayne and he will tweak the tune for you. Or you could take Pig9R up on his offer and get it exactly right.

Thanks for this, I didn't know about the guy in Mesa (and as you say, looks like ECS is no longer there). I see on the AZ RAT Pack forum though that the new place that has set up (DP Motorcycles I think it is called) has a dynojet dyno and they use PCIII so I'm going to give them a call later.

@Pig9R, will you still be able to get me the other tune you mentioned please? It may be a while until I can get my bike on the dyno and I'd like to try and get some of my fuel economy back in the meantime.

Thanks,

Mark

DP Motorsports is owned by Eric who used to be the service manager at TSS. Good guy, should take very good care of you. I didn't know he had a dyno at his new shop, that's great news.

Good luck...

Back