Jards and Stock Filter - 2008 R3

If you still think you may have an exhaust leak you could try a drop or two of liquid dish soap in a squirt bottle full of water. Spray the connections (when cold of course), start her up and look for bubbles.

Looks like you're in Arizona. I live south of Chandler, if you need a hand with filter install let me know, I did it a few months back. Bad news is, I'm in California this weekend, back on Tuesday.

If you still think you may have an exhaust leak you could try a drop or two of liquid dish soap in a squirt bottle full of water. Spray the connections (when cold of course), start her up and look for bubbles.

Looks like you're in Arizona. I live south of Chandler, if you need a hand with filter install let me know, I did it a few months back. Bad news is, I'm in California this weekend, back on Tuesday.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the offer with the filters, if I run in to any trouble; I'll take you up on that!

I live in Tatum Ranch about 10 miuntes north of the 101 & Tatum. Are you part of the AZ Rat Pack? Do you know John Collings?

It would be fun to get together and see your bike sometime.

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:

Got the K&N's on today and this tune works great so far, thanks!

Quick question; does anyone have any issues with backfiring? This is not something that just started, my bikes been doing this since I bought it but it seems more noticeable now I have the K&N's on. It seems to backfire through the throttle bodies, then there is a smell of gas.

Any ideas one what might be causing this anyone?

Thanks,

Mark

Nature of the beast. Mine has done it since new. Used to be pretty funny when I still had the filter under the seat.

Ok, thanks. Guess nothing to worry about then.

I'm taking the bike for a couple of hundred mile ride tomorrow so we'll see how she runs on a long trip. I'm curious to see if the gas milage has changed any (not that I bought the bike for economy).

Thanks again for all your help,

Mark

Ok, thanks. Guess nothing to worry about then.

I'm taking the bike for a couple of hundred mile ride tomorrow so we'll see how she runs on a long trip. I'm curious to see if the gas milage has changed any (not that I bought the bike for economy).

Thanks again for all your help,

Mark

Hi All,

So I did a 250 mile or so ride today with the new tune, the bike runs great except.... I've gone from about 35 to the gallon to less than 20 MPG! guys behind me say they can smell the bike running rich too. I expected to give up a few MPG's for the extra power but not over 40%. Just wondering if there is another tune I could try? Or should the ECU adapt?

Anyone else find they got this much of a drop in MPG?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mark

Shouldn't be that bad. I went to about 30mpg. You do have the triple filters? Do you have the dynojet O2 bypass?

I'll find another tune for you. If this is the set up you are going to stick with, you might want to get a dyno tune.

Back