Jards and Stock Filter - 2008 R3

MarkC_AZ

.020 Over
Hi Folks,

Finally got my SN for Tuneboy. Anyone know if 20222TuneJardine.dat is the latest tune for the above setup please? It looks like it is from what I can see but if anyone knows of any newer; would appreciated being pointed at it.

Thanks!

Mark

Yes. I used the stock 20222 tune (which is the latest Triumph release) and imported the PCIII map for Jardines and Stock intake. Ignition full power, speedo corrected etc.

Results posted in this thread.

http://www.r3owners.net/general-tech-talk/5399-got-jardines-tuneboy-way.html

Great, thanks for the fast response!

So, another quick question; are there any figures to show that putting the triple K&N's on actually makes a big difference? I have them on order (should be here later in the week) but I'm just wondering if they really make that much difference?

Thanks again for your help,

Mark

I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I would venture to guess 8 to 10 hp. With Jardines and the triple filters you should be around 150hp. So that's about a 25hp gain.

I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I would venture to guess 8 to 10 hp. With Jardines and the triple filters you should be around 150hp. So that's about a 25hp gain.

Cool, then absolutely worth the change, I like the idea of the extra storage too :)

Thanks again!

Mark

Pig9,

Just took the bike out for a spin after downloading the tune, wow, what a difference! Still lots of popping on decel though. I looked at the checkbox for the 02 sensor and it is not checked (none of the 3 boxes on there are checked). Is this popping because the sensor is still in the pipe do you think? I have ordered the cover from dynojet so as soon as it comes I'll take the 02 sensor out, but I thought that un-checking the box might have fixed that?

Should I be looking for exhaust leaks next or is there something else in the software I need to look for? I think the exhaust is pretty solid.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I would disable the O2 sensor, but it shouldn't cause the popping to appear that quick. Try this one, if the popping is still bad start checking your exhaust for leaks.

Attachments

• 20222TuneJardinedecel.dat
    219.7 KB · Views: 175
I would disable the O2 sensor, but it shouldn't cause the popping to appear that quick. Try this one, if the popping is still bad start checking your exhaust for leaks.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Just to check, disabling the sensor means having the check box unchecked, correct? As I mentioned before; I'll remove it from the exhaust when the cover comes in from Dynojet.

Oh, and this might sound dumb but better to ask than waste a load of time; what's the best way to check for exhaust leaks? Just run it and check for fumes blowing out of the joints, or is there a more accurate way?

Thanks again for your help,

Mark

Last edited:
Uncheck the box, click save, then upload the tune. Before checking for leaks, retorque the exhaust flanges (19 nm) and tighten all clamps. Then look for carbon around the joints or start it and listen or feel (not touching the pipe) for leaks.

Uncheck the box, click save, then upload the tune. Before checking for leaks, retorque the exhaust flanges (19 nm) and tighten all clamps. Then look for carbon around the joints or start it and listen or feel (not touching the pipe) for leaks.

This new tune is much better, thanks! The popping has pretty much gone except for below 2k rpm where it seems to start again, but I can deal with that. Doesn't matter too much as I should be fitting the triple K&N's this weekend hopefully.

Thanks again,

Mark

Back