Jardines quiet baffles install guide

alexwasserman

.060 Over
Ride
R3T 2008, Trophy 1200 1995
Hey,

When I bought my bike it came with Jardines, but no baffles.

I've bought a quiet baffle set from Jardines - they have them if you ask, but not on their product list. Left over stock.

They slide in easily, but what holds them in place?

They came with what look like nails with little pegs on top. The pipes have holes towards the tip, but that's covered inside by the baffle end.

Should I just drill new holes and put in some bolts?

Thanks,

Alex

So you got these Jardine quiet baffles recently? I was about to buy some when they were bought out. The nails with little pegs on top are rivets. You will need to drill the existing rivets out and install the new baffles with the new rivets. You will probably need a rivet gun, which can be bought pretty cheap at any hardware store.

I would like to know if you got these recently though. I would like to get a pair

So you got these Jardine quiet baffles recently? I was about to buy some when they were bought out. The nails with little pegs on top are rivets. You will need to drill the existing rivets out and install the new baffles with the new rivets. You will probably need a rivet gun, which can be bought pretty cheap at any hardware store.

I would like to know if you got these recently though. I would like to get a pair

Interesting - I asked Jardines who told me to bolt them in using the existing holes. Of course, there aren't any.

The drill fixed that, so I could bolt them in.

Yes, I got them recently. Although not officially available, they have old stock available on request.

Back