I've never been pulled over on a bike before until...

I'm hoping this is the bike I don't get a ticket on. That being said I rode mostly 90mph all the way down from Boise where I bought the bike.

Last week I met an unmarked policeman just as I overtook a slow car up a hill with a passing lane. Blue lights came on, but I knew at the top of the hill there was a crossing road. So I just carried on to make a left turn. Don't know if I was chased or it was just blue light warning. Didn't want to find out either!!!

I have been pulled over numerous times. Riding home at 12:30 am through rural Oklahoma with red plates is a open season for law enforcement. Have had a lot of conversation explaining what a Rocket is all about. They always ask how fast is it and I respond with "It will do 65 mph" Got pulled over once for going way way to fast on my way to work. The Sheriff was amazed that I could reach such speed so quickly from a light. We got so busy talking about the Rocket that he forgot about even given me a warning citation.

I blasted onto 101 South from NAS Moffett Filed one day on the way home and soon I saw all kinds of flashing lights, cars and a MC cop. I pulled over and waited, the car got there and the the motor cop on the HD puttered up. They asked if I knew how fast I was going so I said I really didn't know as I wasn't looking at the speedo and it only went to 85 anyhow (Suzuki GS1100E). I guess the slower top end on speedos then was supposed to keep you from going fast. :rolleyes:

They cop on the HD said he was doing 105 (I don't think he could really go that fast) and I was walking away from him which is why the car was also involved. We chatted a bit, he wrote me for 65 in a 55 and told me to slow it down. I said yessir and went on my way. At the time in CA anything 30 over could have your vehicle impounded and you going to jail. I figure I was fortunate.

bob

Been ticketed three times now on R3 and think this is more from luck than good management, had many tickets and telling off on other bikes, will probably get more as I'm slow to learn when it comes to motorcycles and the throttle.

I once got caught doing 95 an 80 west of Ft Worth. He wasnt easy on me. Sadly, I was cruising and not in a hurry. Tx DPS officers dont care.

...I got a rocket III. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this. It happened to me last weekend. I was only doing 70 in a 55 at the time and I was glad I wasn't caught a couple miles sooner. Luckily, I got off with a warning and the bike got a complinent.

They really keep an eye on the red ones ;)

Back